"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, November 12, 2015

I DID it AGAIN...What it wrong with me?

This is just another AIRHEAD post, BUT the REAL treat is the Recipe I am sharing at the bottom. I get more raves about these chocolate chip cookie than ANYTHING I have made! You gotta try them!

Can You even GUESS what I did AGAIN this week? Seriously?


My phone chimed in notifying me I had a text. I had just finished getting dressed to run with Danielle before taking Alec to school.
7:19Am "Don't forget your running shoes :-D

And again I wore the same neon green slides right out the door forgetting my running shoes!

Because I have the most patient and loving running partner in the world she AGAIN waited for me getting 2.5 miles without me.
My adrenaline was pumping from trying to get to her as fast and careful as I could.
The weather forecast had excessive winds reaching 60mph. We started out in 50 degrees and hardly any wind. It was amazing we bragged for November.
Footloose and fancy we frolicked through Fenton. I even saw Mrs. Cox, one of the kids I coach, his mom waving at me.
We were all smiles.
Then mile 4 came like a bull. The wind practically stopped us in our tracks. Danielle was talking and I could hardly hear from the loudness of the wind. It was so crazy, all I could do was laugh and lunge my puney body forward. 
By mile 5, I couldn't even feel my bare legs.  Rain was spitting at us and the temps felt like they had dropped significantly. It is such a bizarre sensation to have complete numbness from the waist down. I told Danielle it literally felt like I was running naked. I had to look down a couple times to make sure my shorts were down and not up and in a embarrassing position.

By the time we finished mile 6, I threw in the towel. I had enough excitement for the day. Danielle was heading to work, The idea of  running another 2 miles in those conditions solo seemed pointless. Besides, my pipsqueak body was getting knocked all over. Sudden gusts just about pushed you right over and I wouldn't have Danielle to grab me if I got swept away.
Had I ran in these conditions a few days ago I would have been begging God to sweep me away.
But Here I AM!
I ran hard in the wind.
I came home working so hard cleaning and organizing I was sweating again. I worked so hard I decide I would keep the momentum going and make COOKIES! And if you were here I would share them with you, especially since they make over 6 dozen!
 Feeling really generous...Since I can't share them with you, I will share my RECIPE! If you try them PLEASE tell me what you think! If you take a picture and give me a review on my Facebook Page, Running against the Odds, I will send you some of my fall favorite treats!


MAW MAW'S Chocolate chip cookie recipe:

PREHEAT OVEN TO 400'
2cups butter (I use butter flavored crisco sticks)
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp soda
2 tsp WARM water
4 Tbsp vanilla
6 cups flour
2 tsp salt
2 -12oz pkg chocolate chips

 *MIX BUTTER, SUGARS, AND SALT UNTIL FLUFFY.
*ADD SODA TO WATER. ADD SODA MIXTURE AND VANILLA, ADD FLOUR, SALT, CHOCOALTE CHIPS AND MIX WELL.
BAKE AT 400' FOR 7 -8 MINUTES. Do NOT OVERCOOK!
NOTE: COOKIES MAY LOOK LIKE THEY ARE NOT DONE, I LET THEM COOL ON THE COOKIE SHEET  FOR ABOUT 4 MINUTES BEFORE REMOVING THEM.

ENJOY and Don't forget your running shoes!

ANITA!

No comments:

Post a Comment