"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Cravings.

"If you under-train, you may not finish, but if you over-train, you may not start."
Stan Jenson Ultra Runner Extrordinaire

I am still battling this head cold thing. It feels like I have rocks in my head. When I tip my head upside down, you know when I am head banging to Motley Crue or Bon Jovi, my head feels like it is going to explode.
I am trying to cut back on my 90's big hair bands, they make me wanna thrash, however, until this head cold passes I gotta put my pleather pants and Aquanet away!
Actually, my new FAVORITE running song is My House by Flo rida, no head banging there.

I wish I would have had it downloaded for my 16 miler this afternoon.

RUNDOWN:
"Experienced runners learn to respect the changing needs of their bodies. That's the wisdom that comes with time, and for good or bad-with age." Fred Lebow
Distance: 16.33
Pace: 8:53
It was amazing out there today. The high was only 36' but I was shedding clothes. I wore black clothes to attract the sun and heat me up.
3 layers: sports bras, doesn't count, short sleeve tee-shirt, long sleeve jacket, black vest. I wore gloves, and a light weight hat that covers my ears.
I was actually wearing 3 items that I purchased from "POSHMARK". This is a site that sells new and used clothing.
My Blue LUCY jacket I purchased practically brand new for 20$: brand new 80$
My HEAD gloves I purchased NWT for 9$: new at 20$
My Saucony running shoes with just a few miles on them 19$: Regular $100. The running shoes I asked several questions before purchasing them. The way I looked at it, if I didn't like them I was only out 19$ and could use them as walking shoes. However, I ran over 16 miles in them without a blister! They are very PINK but oh well.
I picked Lacey up at her house at my 6 mile marker. Together we knocked out 10 miles together. Everything about the run was great. We were aiming for sub 9min/mi with a 20-30 second walk break. I wanted to add the walk break in there to balance me adding 2 miles this week to my run.
With Lacey just a couple months from recovering she was holding a strong pace.
I was pumping sunshine up her butt. She struggles with compliments similar to me. It must be a ACOA thing.
"Well, Anita, your the strong one, your running 15.5 miles going up at hill at a 8:35 pace." Lacey forwarded the compliment my way.
It just felt so good.
We had 3 more rollers to tackle towards home.
"So Anita, does running faster make it go by faster?" Lacey had noticed I picked up the pace. I just wanted to get to the end. It really seemed like it made sense, RUN FASTER, GET DONE FASTER. Brilliant concept!
Our last mile we ran at a 7:45min/mi. Even though my watch displayed over 16 miles, Lacey still had a little more to go. I wanted to FINISH her distance out but it was up hill. Lacey pulled the plug on it. "No Nita, your not running up that hill, your DONE, run smart."
The voice of reason. 
I am so blessed with good running partners.

After I finish running outside in the cold, I really want a HOT Epson salt bath with Lavender. I crave it. The hot bath is a calorie free craving unlike every other craving I have had this Thanksgiving week!
I want to turn the jets on my sore muscles, go into the nothing box and try to warm up.

Funny the things you crave after a long run.

What Do YOU crave after a long run??

Anita




No comments:

Post a Comment