"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Whats for Wednesday?!

WELL...its the day before Thanksgiving and I am JUST NOW sitting down at 9:55pm.

I made it to the gym to run a few easy miles with Jeff.  We ran 3 miles at a conversational pace. My conversation. Jeff kept asking me questions so I would do all the talking because he was struggling talking at our pace. Paula, a dear friend of mine was laughing at Jeff when he was stretching. He was whining about his body falling apart and I think I was making fun of him when she shared a great quote, "The older I get the better I thought I was." 

The day had to fall in place perfectly.

6:30am-7:30 Kids, breakfast school
8am-10am Gym, shower and get ready for day.
Grocery store for last minute items
10:30 am home, make White chicken chili for lunch
11:30-12:15 pick up Alec from school and bring him home, clean up and grab goods for PIE Day
12:15-5 PIE day at moms! Maw maw Smith and I taught my niece how to make homemade pie crust and buttermilk pie. We also made mini pumpkin pies.

From the time I came home I haven't stopped cleaning and cooking. I am hosting Thanksgiving tomorrow. I LOVE cooking but it is a lot of work. My boys do not like to cook. I would LOVE an extra hand in the kitchen.
I made Ham rolls.
The prep for Bread Pudding, I make a killer bread pudding with vanilla sauce.
2 buttermilk pies
A dozen mini pumpkin pies
Peeled 10lbs of potatoes
Ambrosia
I did the prep work for the stuffing. Sautéing onions, parsley, sausage, carrots, garlic, apples and at the end I add a half cup of golden raisins. I love the sweet and savory thing. Tomorrow, I will add cornbread and whole wheat stuffing with eggs, heavy cream and broth.
Its not low fat but its portion control. I used to struggle so bad with eating issues, I am so grateful I have discovered I can enjoy rich foods, I just have to A: RUN MORE or B: EAT LESS!

I am getting up at the butt crack of dawn to get the bird in the oven so I can RUN! Its my Prozac!
Lacey and I attempted a group run in the morning but no one really bit. Looks like her and I will have our own little Turkey Trot!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving. We all really have so much to be thankful for. Even on our worst days we are blessed.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment