"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, June 1, 2015

Are You Humble?

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under Gods mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time."
1 Peter 5:6
 
 
I took over a week off. Yeah, I did a little walking, a less than little running and a little more walking. I did, however do a lot of eating, resting and recovering.
 
I was nervous about actually running. I was wondering if my body would forgive me for the torture I put her through at Bayshore.
I did have a great 2.5 mile shake out with Jeff last Wednesday. We were really running our mouths more than our legs.
Humbly, I stayed put this week. No sense in hurrying things along. I am no superstar.
Humbled, Humility. It can be challenging to remain humble when social media showers you with compliments after an epic race.  
I am reminded of all the times I have been on the injured list.
I am so appreciative of those who have encouraged me and edified me.
 
I truly believe my running is not for myself, rather to Glorify God, and show Christ in my testimony as HIS runner.
 
It is not putting God in MY story, But accepting who I am in HIS.
 
Humbly accepting His guidance, His strength, His plan for me.
It is tearfully lining up to a race, a training run, speed work and saying "LORD, thank you, thank you for putting me right here, right now, Please give me Your strength to move through this."
 
It is Humbly allowing people to say things to me that are passive aggressive about my running and letting it just ROLL. Because in my heart of hearts I KNOW that God knows I am not ADDICTED to running, I am addicted to HIM and use my running to Glorify Him, to Share Him and To lead others to Him.
 
Being Humble means taking off the cape. I have no super powers. But I am Powerful with Him.
Being Humble means I can let others say and believe whatever they want and I just have to smile and love them.
Being Humble means I can admit I am NOTHING with out HIM. That I can BOLDLY share that with ALL of you.
 
I AM NOTHING.
I have enough COURAGE to SHARE with all of YOU how grateful I am For His countless blessings in my LIFE.
 
Are You Humble enough?
When You find yourself in HIS story, You will Bold enough to share it.
He Will Lift YOU up Higher than you could ever have done on your own.
 
RUNDOWN:
DISTANCE: 5.1
PACE: 8:05
God lifted me up today on my 5 miler. My body felt strong and my heart was so grateful. God is GOOD all the time.
 
 
My Favorite Products:

 
 
 
 
All three of these Items are my FAVORITES. The Garlic Salt runs 1.99! You can not beat the taste or the price!
What are YOUR favorites at Trader Joes? I will try them and give a REVIEW! Share a recipe with me!
 
ANITA~
 


No comments:

Post a Comment