"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Squeeze

Austin has been the man of the house all week. He locks the house up like Fort Knox, double checks the alarm then comes into my bedroom to say goodnight to me every night. He would make his father proud.
Andy has been in Atlanta all week for work.
It has been quiet on the home front. Not boring, not lonely, quiet. I have gotten so much done, including my running.

Wednesday RUNNING: Kay gathered the ladies up for a group run at Am drop off for school.
My not so brilliant idea was to run the 2 miles to the school. I didn't know we would be running close to 6 miles!
Our run was more like a fun run. 6 mothers turned it into an adventure. We stopped into this car shop in Holly. I asked if we could get our picture by their car. They only make this specialty car here in Holly. And she is a BEAUTY.
They were very kind, I said "This is going to be the weirdest thing that will happen to you all day, I have 5 runners who were hoping they could get a picture by your car!"
The heat and humidity was baking some of the girls really fast. So we made fun pit stops all along the way through Holly.

Kay was cracking me up. "HEY HEY, we missed our turn, I am dying, the car is that way!"
We were all laughing as we passed the local funeral home! Another pit stop!
The sky was looking grim. As we finished, we all gathered together for some more laughter and water. I felt a rain drop, I looked at the girls, handed them my left over water and said, "AHH, I gotta go before the rain comes!"
That run ran me 10 unexpected miles.

Thursday RUNNING:
My concern with running those miles was todays long run with Danielle. I did not want to sabotage my run with her. It was important that I was ALL there for her.
We met at 6am.
WOW, that was painful. I slept like a crack head, tossing and turning all night. My body was sore and I was hot. I hate turning the air on.
When I got up at 5, I realized I didn't have time for coffee. Unless, I planned on peeing in the ditch for our entire run!
Droggy and confused I met Danielle in Fenton. I knew I would be so happy when it was over and still early.
I had in in my foggy mind we were running 12 miles. At mile 9, Danielle said something that threw me into a tail spin.
I was just recovering from "The Widow Maker". This is a 1/2 mile hill on Whittaker rd. that Jama named in the middle of winter, on a long, cold  miserable run. This hill was almost our undertaker!
Trying to catch my breath, Danielle mentioned something about "...we could turn here.... for 10 or here and go ...to get our 14 in...."
"AHH, crap, 14, did she say 14 miles, Oh DEAR."
I had to be all in for her. My calves were screaming profanities at me, I couldn't breath and yet, there just wasn't another option. "SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!"

I get so much pleasure watching others rock their run. She was on it. She picked up the pace. At mile 12 she was still strong.
"Danielle, You are doing great, I want you to try and finish your last miles at threshold pace." I added "I will try to stay with you, if I cant, just GO!"
It wasn't about me, It was about HER. She needed this run, She needed me to just be there for her, I didn't want to slow her down.
But I was bent on staying with her. Staying a couple steps behind her, I let her go.
We finished the last mile at a 7:30. I was so proud of her!
OK, I was soo proud of me too!
 
You have to stay so strong in your mind. You have to want it. You have to KNOW what you can do and the right time to execute it.
Watching Danielle in front of me inspired me. We had all the elements to a perfect run. You can't waste that on mediocrity. No regrets. No excuses.
 Take FULL advantage of the moment.
We have to seize the moment and squeeze everything out of it. Waste not want not!
Fulfilled!

Anita







3 comments:

  1. You're living it Anita - making the most of your life! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is too short, We have to not just live it, we have to LOVE living life!

      Delete
  2. Hi Anita - I've given you a shoutout on my blog today... If you're interested, the URL is http://joyofsandwiches.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/why-its-good-to-talk-about-yourself. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete