"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, June 29, 2015

Not so serious Monday

I casually rolled out of bed at 7:20 this morning. It felt so good to sleep in. I wasn't in a hurry to do much of anything, wanting coffee wasn't even nagging at the forefront of my mind.

It was 8:30 before I found myself starting my Garmin.

The temperatures were hotter than I planned. With just over a mile of running, I found myself stripping off my tank. The tank that I was wearing was heavier than I expected.

Feeling like the naked runner, I was in hog Heaven. I just LOVE feeling the elements against my skin.
I decided I wasn't going to take my pace so serious. I wanted to breath. I wanted to think, about something other than being in pain, not being able to breath, how bad it sucks, or anything that goes along with a hard training run.
I wanted to look around, smell the air, enjoy the music and feel everything.

And that is what I did!

Running is so intoxicating. I just couldn't get enough in my 10 mile run this morning.
I still managed to enjoy my run after Andy called me at mile 2. He shared his not so good Monday events with me asking me for prayer.
He was in Utica, 1 mile from his meeting, when his truck made a sound like it was about to blow.
He was waiting for the tow truck to bring him all the way back to Holly, about a 200$ tow bill!

I prayed, and didn't let the bad news hijack my run. I thanked God for a savings account and prayed for honest workers.

Bad things happen. Things happen out of our control. We just got back from Vacation, Alec had a 13 birthday, Andy just put tires on his truck 2 days ago and then this..

There was NOTHING I could do but run!  And thank God for healthy legs, a beautiful place to run, being healthy and still creating my own Happiness!

If there is one thing I am good at, it is not taking myself so serious. I have been able through life, God and running to learn to do the same.
It Feels good to SMILE in a S@!* storm.
It Feels good to Find GRATITUDE when everything is crumbling apart.
It Feels Amazing when you know God is gonna take care of it all, but MY attitude, that is up to ME!

SIDE NOTE, Andy saw my Instagram mentioning me running an Ultra this fall. I have not signed up but am giving it SERIOUS CONSIDERSTION. This week I am picking up my miles.
Check it out: Run Woodstock.

I WOULD LOVE SOME COMPANY!!! COME OUT, CHECK IT OUT!
I will figure out the details this week!
As for Andy...well, he is not on board yet..But I am always up for a challenge!

Who's running it with me?? There is a distance for EVERYONE!
Anita

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I hope the truck is back on the road soon :( And, you've piqued my interest with Run Woodstock - I'd definitely be up for it if I were going to be in the US in September (the odds of which are slim to none at this point).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU, The truck was a shock that blew through the caliber! I guess it is a Ford thing!lol. It was a lot more affordable than an engine! If you are here, That would be great to run! I love that they have a distance for EVERYONE!

      Delete