"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, September 21, 2014

There is no Coincidence; Ken K.

The closer you draw near to God,the closer you see God's handiwork. To many who can not explain the unexplainable they use the term "Coincidence"

Today, Andy and I attended a funeral of a running friend of mine. Ken Krausman.


Who was Ken to me?
It is No Coincidence that I knew Ken. I know that God aligns people for His purpose; that is part of the beauty of running. You are introduced to so many people from so many different facets of life. People you might never strike up a conversation with become your long running friends. You may never even know their last name or the county that they live in and yet you feel like you have known them forever. After sharing just a few miles on the pavement with them or meeting them at the finish line there is a intimate relationship that is sparked for life.

You  learn their pains, their strengths, and they learn yours. You share your vulnerabilities and passions out on the road or in a race. Runners bond one another's strengths and weaknesses together like a fine knit blanket. I didn't know Ken's street address or even where he worked. I never met his beautiful children,  I couldn't tell you if he liked coffee or tea or what his favorite color was....

This is what I could tell you: I know he was passionate about life and others. I know that he was a incredible runner. I knew his amazing wife, Jennifer. I knew that he was clean and sober from alcoholism. I knew that he  made me feel like he knew me more than he did. That is how he was. He made everyone feel special. He came into the salon a couple times and I cut his hair. I have also cut his wife's hair. They are carbon copies of one another. When they talk they glow. They are charismatic and lively.

One day Ken was talking to me and said "Anita, I read you blog at nighttime."
I replied with surprise, "You do?"
"Yeah, I read it at night, I read it to Jenny when she is going to bed."
 Laughing, I responded, "Yeah, my blog would put anyone to sleep!"

 He sometimes left comments on my posts signed Ken K. I loved to see when he left a comment. He was an elite! What would a nobody like me have to say that a elite like him would want to read?
We shared common bonds, Our love for running, our love for Christ and living a sober life.
All those together are passions that draw many close together when we feel so separate.

I sat to the side and looked at his son. He is a mirror image of his father. My heart melted as I thought of my own mom that I had lost at 18. His face was red as he tried to stay strong. I wanted to run to him and hug him. His daughter spoke of her father and his love for people. She choked back the tears with laughter as she shared the special details of his personality. Finally, there sat Jenny, his wife. This strong and amazing woman suddenly a widow. This is not they way it was supposed to be. I could hear the confusion she must be battling with as she sat there in the front seat trying to be strong.

I could only think one thing...

2 Timothy 4:7-8  
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.


 
1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
 
Ken was a runner. He knew how to run. He did everything with passion and zeal. He ran hard. He ran with a purpose.
Ken has finished the course. He kept the Faith. He has received the Ultimate Prize. A prize that far exceeds any earthly race that he registered for. That surpasses ANY medal that was placed around his neck. He has now received a Crown that will last forever. The CROWN of Everlasting Life.

Ken, you will be forever missed. Thank you for your heart, your passion and your genuine love for people. You have left your mark on me. I am truly inspired by the testimony you have left behind.

"You'll get through this. It wont be painless. It won't be quick. But God will use this mess for good. in the meantime don't be foolish or naïve. But don't despair either. With Gods help, you will through this!" Max Lucado.

Anita H
 

No comments:

Post a Comment