"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fighting to Win or Just Fighting

In this world we are beat up. I know I sure am. Yesterday, was my mothers birthday. She would be 75 today. It has been 22 years since she passed. I miss her. Emotionally challenged.

I sat with about 7 girls this evening at small group. Trying to teach them to "Go and be Disciples" They are all so engaged in the study. I try to encourage them to be honest with me, that there is nothing they can say that I probably have not thought or felt myself.
We talked about the reasons that we struggle with sharing Jesus Christ. We talked about the obstacles that they face in their lives,
  1. Fear
  2. Insecurity
  3. Bullied
  4. Peer Pressure
  5. Family
  6. Alone
I shared with them those are the very same things that us adults struggle with too. It is crazy that it doesn't matter if you are 15 or 40 we all have similar battles.

Even in church this morning, I was begging God to take away an emotional battle that I was struggling with. It was like God used our pastor to speak directly into me. But it wasn't just me. 2 people down, I could hear Aunt Lois sniffling as our pastor urged us to Fight the Battle. It reminded Aunt Lois in her broken body, that has been hijacked by cancer, to Fight with everything she had. Uncle Rod sat next to me as we talked about every moment and every hour we didn't have time to do anything but FIGHT.
I had to remember that my battles are not with people, they are with myself. I have this debilitating need for people to love me. To fit in. To be accepted.
What a JOKE!
The battle isn't trying to get those people to like me anymore. It isn't trying to get them to accept me. It isn't anything more than me knowing the battle is with myself.

It isn't any of my business what others think about me!

What an arrogant thought to think everyone's going to like you.

I thought about all the fear that I have. The insecurity that beats me up trying to fit in. We are all struggling with emotional or mental battles. And like Aunt Lo some of us are battle physical battles that affect us in All the arenas.

I fought those nasty mental demons. I let go of broken relationships. I found so much healing being encircled with those who seek me to love them. I love loving on people.

Whatever battle you are in, Fight harder. Dig it in with everything you have. But whatever you do, don't quit.

Ask yourself what are you battling?
Is it relationships?
It is family?
Is it your past or your future?
Are you battling with fear or forgiveness?

Then ask yourself, "Have you been fighting the fight with everything you have and Seeking God for everything you do not have?
Have you REALLY been fighting to Win or just fighting??

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment