"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Griving, Gone too soon.

It was several years ago now. It almost feels like a lifetime ago. I never had any reason to know this man who was the leader of our Biker club, HIM, Hogs In Ministry. He was well liked by many while many of the conservative Christians struggled with his preaching tactics and appearance.
I thought he was so transparent it was intriguing.

He used to be part of the 1% bikers. He had many stories to tell before Christ.
Mark was about 5'9 with a raspy voice and a shaved head. I only saw him in blue jeans and leather. I remember seeing the fringe on his leather jacket he wore all the time and thinking he was the only biker I knew that could pull it off.

This man lead our recovery groups. I never thought I would ever get to know Mark Daly in that arena.
My husband came to him  broken and confused. Mark picked my husband up when many deserted him. When others whispered and judged him, Mark comforted him and counseled him.

That's  how people are with Addiction. Everyone has something to say about it. And if you are a Christian, many Christians have even more to say about you. We are so hard on each other. I wish it wasn't so.

But not Mark Daly. In that old raspy voice I could hear him "Brother,...."
He would share his love for people, especially the broken ones. He made you comfortable in your awkwardness. You knew he would protect you and care for you.
It didn't matter the time of day, you could call him up and he would speak into you. He was crazy. He wasn't afraid of anyone or anything. That man would do whatever it took to help you get clean.

He has left this earthly realm. He was an angel in my life and my husbands. He battled many demons. He is fighting no more. I wish I could tell him Thank You one more time.
God put a calling on Mark. My husband and I are forever grateful for all the sacrifice and love for people he gave. I do not know anyone that has ever been able to fill his shoes.

This is another reminder of how Satan wants to kill, rob and destroy our lives. I HATE addiction. Addiction  is not prejudice. Addiction robs families, husbands, wives, children. It hijacks the righteous and the unrighteous. It takes the young, the old, the rich and the poor.
Addiction has no regret or compassion.
Addictions terrorizes and creates chaos.
Addiction knows no boundaries and has no limits.
Addiction doesn't do an audition, it welcomes everyone.

I am angry and sad, another great man is gone.

Grieving,
Anita

4 comments:

  1. Brother Mark was a great help and blessing to many by pointing people to true hope and peace through the love of Christ. We can continue to honor and remember him by carrying on the work of helping any and all with the message of true hope. RIP my brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vey true Steve. He taught me a lot. I am very thankful for the commitment and time he invested in me and Andy. He sowed a lot of seeds.

      Delete
  2. It just overwhelms my heart to be able to Google my fathers name and see so many people saying such wonderful things about him. Your words Anita are very much appreciated and heard by the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Tina, I absolutely loved your father. He was a great great man. He taught me so many things. He sowed many seeds into my life and my husbands. I am planning to be at the memorial. I hope to meet you. I would love to give you a hug. He is in Heaven now. Free from this world and all the pain in it. He is rejoicing!

      Delete