Here are some simple thoughts for the Newbie:
5 Basics for Running:
- New shoes (Cheaper than Physical Therapy)
- Start off Slow..Humble Beginnings
- Start off with Time not Miles
- Find a friend to run with.
- Make a Goal
- Things are going to hurt. Your body is all kinds of confused!
- Remember to BREATH!
- You are not going to DIE even though you feel like it!
- When your lungs are burning you are NOT in Hell!
- KISS: Keep it simple stupid (could do without the word Stupid)
- Running Partner or Club
- A Great Playlist
- A Running Watch
- A Running journal or log
- Yogurt and fruit
- Peanut butter on English muffin.
A whole lot of "SUCK".
As I ran this morning with Danielle, our traditional 8 miler was going so smooth. I reminded Danielle it was time to taste a healthy portion of "SUCK"! Sorry the word may offend. But that was my word. I needed to feel SUCKY. I needed to run through Sucky. At mile 5 Danielle asked how I was doing. I responded "UGH, I am doing good except I can see that stupid hill at mile 7"! It was haunting me. I then added "I gotta feel it, I gotta push through the feeling of SUCK!"
That hill came soon enough. "Danielle, I need you to push me to the end."
I am so grateful for a good running partner. I was huffing and puffing and at one point could feel the fluids coming up but she stayed one foot ahead of me coaxing me all the way through.
It hurt so good. I was out of breath but so excited to see how well we did. We were a few seconds faster than last week. It is like my body didn't want to jump start and now is slowing turning over. Just seconds faster feels like an epic victory.
Thanking God for every second!
“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.”
I made these muffins this evening for Clean Eating magazine. The turned out great, Not too sweet. They were very moist and light.
What Tip do you like the best? If there a Tip I forgot that you were looking for?