"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, September 29, 2014

No Unnatural Sweetner.

What makes a Good DAY?

  • The Sun was out.
  • The warm air was lovely.
  • I had my quiet time with the Lord.
  • I had a partner to run my 18 miler with.
  • The route we ran was magnificent.
  • I had my day balanced very well.
  • Everything fell into place without any injury.
This makes a girl Smile at the end of the day. It could also be the honey tickling my throat from my tea, but I am pretty sure it is a smile of gratitude.

Today, was one of those days that could go REALLY bad at any time. Except that today only got better with each hour.

I will share simple moments of greatness that continued to fill me.

"Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary."
Isaiah 40:31
 
This is one of my FAVORITE verses. I LOVE looking at the birds in the sky. I have almost been hit a couple times watching the birds and not paying attention to where I am running.

This verse has been instrumental in my training this time around. I have had to be very patient with my body. As I have been waiting for the Lord to heal my body, I have been noticing how much stronger I am getting. It is slow but it has also been very noticeable. It has not been only my body that has healing, I have also noticed God doing a work in other areas of my life.
As Lacy and I made the turn onto Belford Rd, I showed her the empty trees where I usually see the eagles perched on the dead branches.
I was disappointed I could not share their majestic beauty with her. This is a route that I know like the back of my hand. I love sharing its secret beauty with others.
We came up on a patch of dead trees. We both gasped at the branches filled with Eagles! It was not just a couple, there were about 5. The were amazing. I could have stared forever.
I was trying to get the STOP sign in the PIC! Great 18 with Lacy!

I thought of that verse at mile 15 when I was beginning to get tired. They will RUN and not Grow Weary.
Well, I was weary after my 18 miler. But I finished it. I finished it well. We walked every mile and it gave me new strength. Even with walk breaks we finished with an average pace of 9:37. 
I was "Flying High"!


"NATIONAL COFFEE DAY!"
I made it home in time to get a shower, grab lunch and get a Coffee at Time Hortons.

"BEA Blessed"
Andy has a co-worker that has adopted our family as one her own. Bea is one of Andy's co-workers. She is beautiful, African American and makes me laugh, cry and not want her to leave. She has as much energy as I do, plus a little more. When Bea laughs she is contagious. You are not just giggling, you are gut wrenching, tears crying and peeing your pants laughing.
This woman loves my Andy, She loves all of us. She is forever sending me gifts and flowers. She is like another mother to me.

"Drop BY"
While Bea and I were raising the roof with our conversation the door bell rang. I love company. It was Aunt Lois, Maw Maw Smith and my sister in law Deb. We had a short but sweet visit. We all sat around the table eating coffee cake and laughing yet some more.

"Laughter Really is medicine to the soul"
I had a lot of laughter today. Lacy has a beautiful smile. Bea makes me hurt we laugh so hard. Our conversation is sweet and Godly. I feel like God is laughing right next to us as we discuss the amazing miracles He has performed in our life.
As I looked at my family mingling together with genuine laughter it made me so comfortable. It all was so real and comfortable. True laughter with No Unnatural Sweetner!
My niece Becca called and we laughed through the drama's of life.

Laughter is so sweet.

A Little about Post Run Recovery:
 We often do not feel like eating after a long run. Even a hard run can make you feel nauseous. Try not to gorge on carbs.  But carbohydrate rich calories are a smart idea for muscle and calorie recovery.  If your not feeling well try a sports drink to replenish your body until your feeling well again.
Recovery days are instrumental in getting stronger and faster. Your body will give you as much as it can, you can push it harder on difficult training days if you have time to recover and adapt to the strenuous training. Remember to eat and hydrate properly to heal faster and better.



Stadiums are for spectators.  We runners have nature and that is much better.
--Juha Vaatainen
Anita~







No comments:

Post a Comment