"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, September 22, 2014

Hopeful. Detroit FreePress Marathon



The Detroit Free Press Marathon is less than 4 weeks away. Those who are training for the marathon just finished their 20 miler over the weekend. They will begin their taper in the next couple weeks allowing their body to recover from the last 16 weeks of strenuous training.

As for me, I was shouting off the roof tops today at my 16 miler! I am a few weeks behind my training for the marathon. Even though I have a lot I could be complaining about, I was so excited today that my body was strong enough to pull out not only 16 miles, but 16 miles at a 9:22 pace! That pace included walk breaks every mile
.
I was just shocked that God is healing me one mile at a time. It is like every run is a miracle. For that matter every mile is a miracle.

In the twelfth hour, Jama responded to a cry out for a running partner today.  We met at the school where I would navigate her through the outskirts of Holly. We hit all the back roads of Holly.
Jama had to keep reminding me to slow down. My body and my mouth were moving at hyper speed!
The more Jama and I gabbed, the less I was paying attention to our pace. As each mile approached, we took a 30 second to 1 minute walk break. It was at this time we drank and checked out pace.
The walk breaks were wonderful. I was able to stretch out my legs, grab a breath and get motivated again.
The scenery and wild life was beautiful. The leaves are changing, leaving the outline of the fields colorful.
We did have one dog get closer than I like. I was ready to turn around and go back. Jama just looked at the dog and kept saying "Good girl, good doggy!"
Me.. I had my eye on all the rocks and was trying to figure out if I could scale the barb wire fence without too much injury!

In a nutshell, I am behind in my training.
But I am still grinning at my epic 16 miler today. Glory Be Gods.
Sorry you can not convince me I am not the Apple of His EYE!

As I lay here in bed finishing this post, I feel no pain. Well, other than my hip that I hit on the wall this evening.  WHERE the Heck did the wall come from??
 It seriously came out and HIT me like a 2 by 4.  I broke the vessels in my hip as I collapsed to the floor like a big baby. I squirmed and slithered trying to control the words that wanted to spew from my mouth.

Back on Track..Feeling Victorious and Hopeful.

Less than 4 weeks....

Anita

2 comments:

  1. You're always invited to join me in the 4:30-4:40 group, although I suspect you'll be done by the time I'm approaching mile 16 or 17. Don't overthink it and let your body be free. It knows what to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle! I HOPE I get to SEE YOU!! We have to find a way to meet up! Thank YOU for the invite, You are doing so well with your Hansons training. Very proud of you Girl! You are rocking it!

    ReplyDelete