"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, July 14, 2014

Plunger Therapy!

My Day and Thoughts in 3 Parts:



BIKING: I was in the hurt locker when I started out on my bike this morning. I wanted to go check out Rose Oaks trails.
It was almost 4 miles to get there.
The boys borrow my bike and are always messing with the gears. For the most part of the way to the park I was trying to tweak my gears. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with them, I was having a hard time pedaling. I came to the conclusion the gears were fine, it was ME that was having a hard time! My legs were Jello from yesterdays 11 mile run. Wimpy wimpy wimpy. I was a bit discouraged.

Approaching the trails I was getting more and more excited. It was stunning. My eyes were bouncing off one magnificent scene right into another. The smells of the woods, the heat of the morning and the landscape created by God was almost to much to handle. I pedaled faster wanting to see more.

It was not long that in all that beauty I discovered a BEAST. Better yet, the beast discovered ME.
I was getting eaten alive by TRACKER JACKERS!

Maybe they were just flesh eating black flies. They were in serious swarms all around me.
I brought water and used the trail maps to navigate my way through the woods. Just when I was thinking I was Columbus with the maps I found myself lost. Well, I guess that is correct too though.
I hated getting off my bike to figure out on the map where I was, or wasn't due to the horrible attack of the feasting flies.
The trails are located in between 3 lakes. This explains the bug infestation.
I began to get concerned for time, so I pedaled faster. I pedaled even faster when I noticed the bugs weren't keeping up as much. Burning quads or bitten by flying beasts...Quads hands down.

Biking: 12.5 miles.
Half a dozen bites and a great farmers tan!

The Toilet Plunger:

I had a 1pm visit with Clint. I brought The Plunger! He actually used it on his guy patient first. His assistant brought it over to me. She lubed it all up and squished it on my leg. The suction seemed better than the guys. I guess they are going to have to shave their clients legs to get optimal results!
Clint would move the plunger down my It band holding the suction. It reminded me of how my legs felt like Jello all over again!
You could actually feel the suctioning. I was laughing most of the time at the thought of having a toilet plunger sucking my legs. I was really laughing at the thought of them removing the suction to discover a 6 inch hicky on my leg.

My Thoughts;
Wikipedia:  Jealousy is an emotion, and the word typically refers to the negative thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something of great personal value, particularly in reference to a human connection. Jealousy often consists of a combination of emotions such as anger, resentment, inadequacy, helplessness and disgust.

Most of us struggle with this emotion in one place of another. But there is a KEY word I like in the definition: Emotion.

For me, I have struggled with it in different arenas. There are days, weeks even when life is smooth sailing. Then it just takes one comment, one situation, one photo that messes me up and I am left feeling, discouraged, damaged and doubtful. It all starts with being DISTRACTED.
We become distracted when:
  1. Others behaviors and NOT our OWN.
  2. We focus on choices made by SOMEONE else.
  3. We focus on the PROBLEM not the SOLUTION.
Keep Your Eyes focused on GOD and His will rather than circumstances you can or cannot control.
Jealousy and envy lead you into a pit of discouragement and doubt. You then become hostage to yourself and hurtful to others.
Run Your Own Race.

"Discouragement is dissatisfaction with the past, distaste for the present and distrust for the future. It is ingratitude for the blessings of yesterday and indifference for the opportunities of today. it is insecurity regarding strength for tomorrow. " William A. Ward

Anita

1 comment:

  1. Hate, jealousy, envy... All the work of Satan. Thank God he's condemned and never again able to bother U.S. when we perish. Because I was an actual NDE and because I’m not from earth, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven's gonna be like for us: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-groovyNblatant, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for an eternal, BIG-ol-warp-drive, kick-ass, party-hardy, LotsMoreThan101Flavors you DO NOT wanna miss the smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Cya soon.

    ReplyDelete