"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, July 28, 2014

I like to Move it, Move it

A Body in Motion Stays in Motion. A Body in Rest Stays in Rest."
 
As tired as I was last night, I managed to gather my things and head to the gym.
It was a busy day. I had a family shower to go to in the middle of the day.
By the time I arrived at home it was already after 6pm.
 
One part of me wanted to put on a pair of flannel pj's and a tee shirt, while the other part was trying to beat that thought out of my head.
Within minutes I was up to the gym.
 
This morning the weather looked grey with rain ready to come through the clouds. I decided to go to the gym and play it safe.
 
I LOVE walking into my gym. I haven't the faintest idea how to use half of the equipment but what I do know how to use is plenty to get me excited.
 
I headed towards the track. Not to run. The gym has a smaller gym above the track that I like to go to.
Even though I like people, I like to work out away from people.  
 
1 hour of cardio. That was my plan. I wanted to see how my knee felt with one hour of cardio outside of riding my bike. I did this elliptical stair climber thing.
NCIS just started on the screen attached to my machine. PERFECT. I laughed at the thought of watching my Maw Maw's favorite show. Murder mysteries are my favorite. If Angela Lansbury came on with Murder She Wrote I would have gone another hour!
 
Results:
I got a good sweat going!
No knee pain!
Legs felt like JELLO when finished!
I would say it was a successful work out.
15 minutes in the Cold Plunge to top it off. The Cherry on Top!
(I will do my other exercises later)
 
You have to keep moving. Stay active. I am not saying that you have to run a marathon, I am not saying that you should even be a runner. I am just saying that we are all getting older and it is better to be sore from being active than to be sore from falling apart!
 
If you struggle getting motivated find something that Inspires you.
Find someone that inspires you. Maybe there is a blog, or a Facebook page that you have that helps motivate you off the couch.
Maybe you need a partner. Have the courage to ask someone, you may be surprised to find out they really wanted the motivation too.
I am motivated my people. I love to hear stories.
Andy asked me if I had been following this guy story on our Facebook. Matt A. had been posting his experience on a team supporting a runner doing Badwater.
As I looked at the pictures I was very inspired. The pictures were surreal.  As I creeped his wall I just wanted to RUN.
I wanted to run in the mountains. I wanted to run in the heat. I wanted to run until I couldn't go any farther.
Nothing wrong with Dreamin!
 
Find what gets you moving. Find your inspiration. Then wipe your perspiration.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
Chicken Salad
 
  • 2 cans Chicken (I prefer whole chicken, using breast meat)
  • 1 cup halved purple grapes
  • 1/4 cup red onion
  • 1/2 cup golden raisins
  • 1/2 cup celery
  • 1/2 cup Miracle whip
  • 1/4 teaspoon dill
Salt and pepper to taste.
Add sliced almonds if you like
MIX together and sever on croissants
Pita or Lawash is a healthier option.
 
 
Anita
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Super yummy chicken salad! I need to make that! I finally got out and ran today! SLOW and HOT but I did it! Carri~A Running bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got to run today! So happy for you. I bet you were chomping at the bit. So how hot was it?? Glad you made it back home!

      Delete