"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Chasing Andy Around

I have had many lonely long runs that ran over 3 hours. In the summer months one of the biggest concerns is running out of  water.
On these long runs I would give Andy my route and he would bring me water. Training for my ultra last year I had runs that reached over 7 hours. He would chase me around to check on me, make sure I had nutrition, water and I was not road kill.

I did the chasing today. As Andy was getting ready to go for his long run;16 miles, he asked if I was going with him. I knew he was testing me. "NOO Andy, I am not running." I said confidently. My words were strong but my heart was weak.

I can not express how good a hot menthol bath feels after a 21 mile bike ride in the heat of the day.
I chased Andy all over the town of Holly. You can spit from one end of Holly to the other. I was literally ALL over tracking Andy on his long run making sure he had proper water.

My skin is torched from the beating sun. The dried sweat felt like sand paper as it crumbled all over my face, shoulders and arms. I smelled like funk, my Versace perfume had long been tainted with body odor. I love the woodsy smells of the outdoors, but not on me.

This was the longest bike ride I have done since I was about 22. I had the day off and road from my Clarkston apartment to my place of employment in Pontiac. I only did that once.

With cold water I tried to hunt Andy down to make sure he was hydrated.
The first stop I found him he looked great. He was about 7 miles into his run at that point and was all smiles.
He looked like a totally different person by the last stop. I found him running through the village. I had to ask a old man if he had seen a guy running because I couldn't figure out what direction Andy had gone. I finally caught up to Andy. When Andy turned around to get the icy water I was reaching to him he looked like death. His skin was all pasty, his eyes were bloodshot and he was out of breath. "Ugh, WHERE have You BEEN?" He cried. I didn't have time to explain that I couldn't find him. I was exhausted myself and I had to get home to pick up my son from his girlfriends house.
I was trying to calculate the miles I had rode my bike. I was DONE. My entire body was just tired. I was hot, sticky, hungry, whiny, tired..I could go on and on.

I felt pretty good today not running. I was proud of myself for keeping my running shoes on the shelf.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I BOUGHT a new toy last week. I am a BIG smoothie maker. I make about 10-14 smoothies a week. My smoothie maker DIED 2 weeks ago.
I upgraded my Magic Bullet to the Nutri Bullet. It has twice the power and is larger for just a little more money. I paid 89$ at Bed Bath and Beyond and was able to use my 20% coupon on it!

I make Austin a CHUBBY BUNNY Smoothie almost every night. He lifts weights 3 days a week at 6am, runs Cross country 5 days a week, started working construction with my nephew and brother-in-law 3 days a week and plays basketball. I will often hear him when everyone is winding down up in his bedroom working out and finishing his day off.
The purpose of the Chubby Bunny is to give him calories, vitamins, protein and recovery.

CHUBBY BUNNY
  • Banana
  • Vanilla Ice Cream
  • Milk
  • Chocolate Ovaltine
  • Juice Plus Complete Vanilla (Whole Food based shake mix)
  • 2 Tabls Peanut Butter
Tart Berry Smoothie
  • Tart Cherry Juice (Reduced inflammation)
  • Raspberries
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberry yogurt
  • Kale
  • Juice Plus Complete
  • Ice

Very Proud of Andy. He ran 16 miles. He still doesn't know what he is running for! I am proud of him for just being committed and dedicated.

Side NOTE: Anyone Else out there watching the new series The Strain on FX??
I watched it last week, I LOVE scary movies. I think I am hooked.


Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment