"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, July 7, 2014

Motivational Monday: Gods Glory

"My upbringing gave me a strong will, a mental aggressiveness in what I wanted to achieve." Paul Tergat, of Kenya, held the world record in the marathon from 2003-2007, with a time of 2:04:55
Strong Will: I always wonder if this is a blessing or a cursing. Growing up with a single mother who battled drugs and alcohol my whole life harvested a Strong Will within me. So much so that many times I found myself to be my own worst enemy. I didn't know how to back down or throw in the towel. I hated to give up on anything, it made me feel weak. I grew up feeling weak because I couldn't get my mom to quit using. I grew up feeling defeat and helpless. I HATE this feeling.


"They say you can't run away from your troubles. I say you can." John Bingham
Maybe I couldn't run today, that didn't stop me from riding my bike over 12 miles. I biked with persistence. 12 miles on a bike isn't  far but I went with everything I had trying to get a little balance between my ears. There is so much going on at home, from family sick, to teenage drama to trying to get a house my head is full of noise. The faster I went the clearer life began to look.


"Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder." William Sigei
The ground was wet from the early morning storms. The pot holes were doubled and full of mud. With the dirt roads saturated with rain it made pedaling a little more strenuous. I buckled down as I felt my quads burning. "Come ON ANITA, come on." I barked at myself to push harder.  The more I heard myself breathing the more I liked what I heard.

"I assess the power if A Will by how much RESISTANCE, PAIN, TORTURE it endures and knows how to turn to its ADVANTAGE."
I Just Want to RUN. I will invite my body and my mind to elements of human torture, with pleasure if it gives me back what I want.
As I elevated up the dirt road with muck spitting all over me I reminded myself to seek MORE. I could feel my quads burning as I came up on my seat and drove my toes towards the surface.
I wanted MORE, I wanted it to hurt so good. I was burning more than sweat and adrenaline. I was burning all the garbage the day wanted to hold. ALL the CRAP that this world wants to discourage us on. Some was emotional, some was hurtful, some was unexplainable but there was a lot that I wanted to burn right alongside of my quads!



"Like a bird that strays from its nest is a man who strays from his home."    Proverbs 27:8
 
I was moving at a pretty good clip when I passed something that caught my eye. It didn't startle me, however, it did confuse me. It was a little bird that I came within inches of riding over. The little bird was alone and didn't even flinch. I turned around to check on him and see if he would fly away. This little guy just stared at me. I didn't know what to do to help him. I grabbed a stick to see if I could coax him to fly. He fluttered a bit but that was all. I could hear something over my music. As I turned it down I heard a bird chirping loudly. I moved the little bird out of the road with HOPES that the chirping I heard was his mother. I went away believing this little stray bird would find his way to safety.
 
 



"On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate."   Psalms 145:5

I made a right hand turn and was awestruck by the acres and acres of beauty to my left. I pulled my bike to the side of the road. I stared at the splendor in front of me. A large hawk circled above me. Drifting in the breeze. I was speechless. Across the pond were deer deep across the field. Sand cranes were hunkered in their nests. And the noise of nothing more than Gods creatures brought shear Peace.
I can find gratitude in my broken state. I was circled by Gods Glory all around me.
 
 


Lastly: Today, my son Austin Motivated me. My 14, almost 15 year old got out of bed by his own alarm and was out the door by 5:45 am.
This boy of mine has not learned the art of disciplining his tongue but does a really great job at staying focused and driven on achieving his goals.
I was so blessed to see his discipline when he could have been sleeping in and staying up late. He made me proud. His action Motivated me to Stay focused and Do What Has To Be DONE!

Please Share, Who Motivated you? Was it a person, a Song, An Idea?

Anita




No comments:

Post a Comment