"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Whats UP Wednesday

My Wednesdays are pretty busy so I thought I would do a simple point system with the basics on Wednesday:

  1. Ran 3 miles with Andy today. He had 6 to do. My knee was too angry at me to go farther so I rode my bike for the last 3.
  2. My niece Becca came over today. We worked on a project for Maw Maw Smiths 90th Birthday next weekend. We had the best time together. She brought her kids with her. It was such a gift to see them all.
  3. We are still in the rental house. We thought we would have a home by now. We looked at 3 houses, they were all a bust.
  4. Tomorrow is Ariel's birthday. It is going to be an emotional day. There are some circumstances that have been circulating that are hurtful. Very hurtful. It is one thing to try to deal with the loss of Ariel. It is another thing to see people being intentionally hurtful. It does not make sense to me. I am co-dependent. Being a adult child of an alcoholic this trait is a given. I am to a default always worrying about if I hurt someone else or how I can recover. I am the person that will apologize to you so it doesn't make you uncomfortable to apologize for your own bad behavior. But the reality is people just don't care whether they hurt you or not. People are so self absorbed in their own hurt that they think they are isolated and could care less about you. This is a lesson that has a revolving door. I try to get over it and then it opens wide again.
  5. I found gratitude in my family. Austin, Andy and I were all doing planks late tonight.  I tried not to laugh at our crazy family bonding's as we all were huffing and puffing. When the tears of the evening circumstances welled in my eyes Austin lovingly consoled me with laughter.
  6. Mom called me at 9:30 at night to see if I was up. We had just finished our "Abs". She came over bringing oatmeal scotches. I knew that God was filling my heart. He gave me this incredible mother to love me, nurture me and care for me. I am so grateful to God for hearing my broken heart and showing his love to me through mom.  
  7. I need to Suck it Up Buttercup. Tough as Nails. I gotta be tough as nails.
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment