"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, June 23, 2014

"What does the FOX say?"


I went out early in the morning for my bike ride. I headed to the park, curious about what wildlife I would be seeing.
Pedaling as fast as my legs would take me through downtown, I saw a runner ahead of me. I live in a small town. As I looked at her from the back, I tried to recognize her. The closer I got, the more I confirmed my suspicion, it was Courtney. Courtney is a local runner I have ran with a couple times. She is spunky and full of energy. Together we both ended up catching the light at the inner section. I road my bike next her when the light allowed us to go. We chatted about 1/4 of a mile until she turned into her sub division. Living in a small town you always run (or Bike) into some one you know, I think this is one of the perks of a small community.

I headed to the park. As I entered the park I was swept off my feet by the intense beauty. I know it looked the same the day before, however, it always feels like the first time when I enter into the park.
It is just breath taking to me. The passage in the park is lush. It is more than just the forest surrounding you, it is the smells of grass, it is the breeze and the warm air against your skin. The lakes are glowing with the sun reflecting its rays. I saw a beaver dancing in the water. It was so quiet and peaceful. This was God to me. I rode my bike to the edge of the water. Filled with emotion, I could feel the tears of gratitude drip down my cheeks. If God could create such Beauty, Oh what else he can do. I was boldly reminded of His Power and my weakness. I stood by the edge of the water in prayer. Gratitude.

I headed back. I took my bike down a side road in the park that I had never taken before. I am a bit of a scaredy cat. A couple cars passed me. I always wonder "What IF.." Another lake stopped the road from going any farther. It was so pretty. I discovered a small path. I got a little creeped out by my lonesome curiosity. I booked it out of there!
In order to get back out I had to go up a steep hill that stretched about 1/4 of a mile. I was huffing it up the hill. My quads were burning with the company of my lungs. Just as I able to catch my breath I was startled by a animal that darted out in front of me. It was a FOX! I had a cheesy grin on my face all the way out of the park.

My family makes fun of me a lot. I am sure I have given them ammunition over the years but they are relentless.
Later that day,  I told Andy I saw a fox in the park. He of course said , "Are you sure it was a fox? I don't know about that one Nita." I looked at Andy like "Seriously? Like I don't know a FOX?!" I mean I was in the woods, it wasn't like I was telling him I saw a stinking grizzly bear or moose. To add a little more fun Andy thought he would be funny and said, "So, What did the Fox say?"
OH JEESH..And he makes fun of me?!

Rundown:
Bike: 15.15 miles
Cold Plunge: 17 minutes
Ab Challenge: 100 sit-ups, 150 crunches, 58 leg lifts, 90sec plank
ITB exercises.

DR. SAMANI'S OFFICE CALLED TODAY!
They were only going to call if they saw something on the MRI disc. I was a mess listening to my message that I had missed.
It was a confirmation to Dr. Samani's original diagnosis! I felt so relieved. Thank YOU JESUS!


Thank YOU for all the messages and words of encouragement.
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment