"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Dealing with Disappointment

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28
 


DISAPPOINTMENT: This is LIFE. Unmet Expectations. Broken Promises. Unfortunate Circumstances. Heartbreak, hang-ups, and hardships. This is LIFE.


There is a reason for EVERYTHING. You may not know what it is and you may not even believe there is a reason for everything. But there IS. I have discovered that for me to get through the challenges of LIFE and believe that GOD has a Purpose for EVERYTHING I have to get over Myself.

There is a reason for everything, I just have to look deeper within myself to decipher Gods message for me to be who He wants me to be.

I am very challenged in this season of my life. Raising a 14, almost 15 year old presents constant obstacles.
Not owning my own home is disappointing.
Not being able to fix my body is terribly disappointing.
Today was a perfect day for a RUN...disappointed yet again.
These are the easy disappointments. Many disappointments have taken years to get over, while others I am still working on to this day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wanting to run burned hot within me today. Trying not to let it rent to much space in my head, I quickly headed out the door for my bike ride.
Stay Positive. "Hey, At least you can ride a bike!"
I heard Andy whispering in my ear from the night before, "Can you even get your heart rate up riding a bike?"
Stay Positive. "Come on Anita, peddle hard up the hill." I could feel my quads on fire, refusing to stop I tried to go harder.
Every time I felt a little grief I looked around. I could see more beauty on a bike than I could on foot. Twice as much more in the same time.
I see the problem and try to think of something positive to trump the negative.
I even found myself laughing in my disappointments today. My nose runs more than I do these days on my bike. The snot was clear but annoying. I was barely keeping it at bay. I knew it was time to blow it. Keeping my one hand on the handle bars, I used my other hand to pinch my nose and BLOW. With my head to the side I let it rip, none of it landed any other place except my shoulder. NASTY. Trying not to loose my balance, I was laughing at myself and all the nose juice on my shoulder.
Very far from ladylike. However, it did make me smile.

Here are a few other things that made me smile. Smiling and staying positive really helps me with disappointment. Knowing that God is using everything for Good gives me a little more peace.
I was glad I was there to take these 2 hens picture. A car came up behind me very fast. They would have hit the hens. The driver saw me as they rounded the corner before the hens. I motioned for them to slow down as I pointed to the hens. There are not speed limits on back roads anymore, you have to be very careful.
Took this picture on the trail head..But I was too big of a scaredy cat to go any farther into the woods alone!

The Damn at Seven Lakes. As I was taking the pic I saw something out of the corner of my eye. When I looked down it was a dog! She came over to sniff me.


RUNDOWN:
Bike: 16 miles
ABS..Oh gosh it HURTS! 100 sec Plank, 170 crunches, 140 sit-ups, 60 leg raises
ITB exercise- More pain, but I can tell I am getting stronger. So sore.

"Be calm and strong and patient. Meet failure and disappointment with courage. Rise superior to the trials of life, and never give in to hopelessness or despair. In danger, in adversity, cling to your principles and ideals. Aequanimitas!"
Sir William Osler
 
 
 
Anita
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment