"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Gatlinburg.


We have been packing out days so full that I was beginning to wonder how I was going to get another run in before Monday.
We woke up in Gatlinburg this morning and asked mom and dad if they would watch the boys so we could go for a small run. My knee has been reminding me that I am far from invincible the last couple weeks therefore the shortage of miles has been welcomed.
This week the weather has been simple amazing. I love the heat. This morning was no exception to beautiful weather for our 4 mile run.
There is just no avoiding hills in Gatlinburg. I took off anticipating my knee to crash my running date. Surprisingly with the 2 mile incline and 2 mile decline my knees did great. Of course I am also about 15 miles short this week, however, I am going to embrace the lack of miles in hopes it is beneficial to the healing of my knee and other parts.
After all I am going to really need my strength and health for my 6 HOUR run on Monday.

A couple weeks ago I shared about a pair of shoes I had tried on at Complete runner, Hoka's. I really like the shoes but they were out of my comfort zone and price range for running shoes.
Well, I got a surprising message from "Kristy" who just happened to have a pair she had purchased and couldn't get used to. She offered them to me sharing that they were a size 8...MY SIZE!!
Very thankful.

After cleaning up from our run we headed to Roaring Fork. Beautiful was an understatement.
I Love hiking and exploring. I could spend all day on the trails and off them. The boys never quit smiling. They went off the trail and jumped and climbed and even adventured into the water.


 
Anita

2 comments:

  1. My husband just bought a pair of Hokas this weekend. He has only run in them once, but so far so good! The big test will come on a long run. If they work for him, I might be asking for a pair for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I need to do a long run in them when I get them. How would he REVIEW them?? You will have to let me know. They are the weirdest looking thing!

      Delete