"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, September 9, 2013

All the faces on a 36 mile run!

“Now bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible.” – Shakespeare, Julius Caesar
 
 
I had this run planned weeks ago. I actually was looking forward to this long run. I was going to drop the boys off at school and run...ALL day long till I had to pick them up again.
While some people would be going to work, I would be working on my longest run, running over 6 hours.
A few weeks ago, "Megan"  asked it I would ever run from my house to work. Thinking "Megan" was working today I planned to run to work today.

I had barely made it to the end of the road when I saw someone waving at me. It took me a second to figure out who the girl with the cute hair cut was. It was "Sara M". She is a gal that I went to school with and has since become a runner herself. This really boosted my motivation.
Only a few miles down the road there was a guy smiling at me coming out of the gas station. He looked like he knew me as he waited for me to come closer. He then started yelling at me so I took me ear buds out to see it was "Brian" from church. "You RUN WAY TO MUCH!" he yelled with his hands around his mouth funneling his words.

It was 14 miles to work. I had planned to drop off my running coat, eat something, pee and fill up my water bottle. Usually there is food in the backroom. I was going to mooch some calories only the counter was bare of even crumbs to scrape. I usually have food in my station so I went to investigate. Oatmeal, Dark chocolate Reeses, and Juice Plus. Oatmeal wasn't going to happen so I scarfed down a piece of chocolate and took 2 for the road. I swallowed 4 Juice Plus and started to head back out. "Andrea" and "Gina" were sitting by the dryers. Somehow conversation got rolling about me running to work. "Andrea" says with curiosity "So how far did you run to get here?
I replied "It was 14 miles."
Totally serious she replies "So like how are you going to get back home?"
Laughing I said "RUN! I have to run 35 miles today."
Andrea was trying to figure out if I was serious or not. When she realized I WAS she comments "ANITA..That is NOT good for your body!!"
Laughing, I  looked over at "Gina" who looked MORTIFIED. She had this look of absolute terror on her face. Her eyes were wide with concern. She was even more concerned when she found out I was not carrying a phone. "Anita" she says leaning towards me like a mother getting ready to talk you out of something.
Smiling I thought I had better get out of there quick before they talked me out of running the rest of 20 plus miles.

From M15 and I75 I headed towards downtown Clarkston. I turned left on Dixie Hwy without a plan other than running at least 17 miles before I turned around.

At the light on Maybe Rd a van caught my attention. I looked closer to see "Holly P" waving at me. This made me fill with joy. She is such a prayer warrior. I just knew she would be praying for me as drove off.
Heading back home I saw "Pat" the Fed Ex man and heard several cars honk at me but I couldn't make out who they all were.
"Courtney" a client of mine actually turned her car around and asked "What are you doing out here?" At his point I had ran over 20 miles with rain beginning to sop me. "Are you sure you don't want a ride? You are crazy."
Standing at the side of her car window laughing again I told her I had better get going before I took her up on the ride home.

THE RUN:
I love seeing all the faces on my run. It is like a little cheering section. The smiles, waves, honks and words encouragement supported me on my run.
Todays long run started at 7:45am and ended about 2:20pm.
6hours and 35 minutes.
36 miles.
My Average pace was 10:30.
The time includes my stop in salon, stops to get water and stops to say "Hi"
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and Banana Muffin a good friend of mine "Terri" made.
During my run I drank over 45 oz of water, a bag of Stinger chews, a maple glazed KIND bar and of course my Reeses peanut butter cups!

In 6 hours I found myself praying a lot and trying to solve the worlds problems. When I couldn't come up with any solutions I tried to narrow the problems to just mine. I am not sure I am anymore ahead with my life although I do feel after running, my chaos is more organized and balanced. With almost 7 hours to compartmentize my crazy world it became a little more manageable. Some of the issues that appeared catastrophic became needless drama and was dissolved quickly. And some of the head spinning issues seemed miniscule in comparison.
It appeared Life was going to go on in a orderly fashion. My super powers that were ignited on the run worked their magic. My legs moved spinning my mind into wisdom to solve just about everything!

"It hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."
- Ann Trason
Gratitude. 36 miles is crazy. Less that 1% of the population run a marathon..So running this distance is a bit crazy. But to me it is even more crazy that God has given me the power and strength to do it. He has kept me healthy and injury free. I am so humbled by this distance. I felt like the "apple of his eye" today being given the gift to go this distance. 

The Taper.
We are now going to be bringing it all down! Hungerfold is September 28!!
ALSO..Registration for BOSTON was today! Mine opens tomorrow.
Who's running Boston 2014??


Anita


2 comments:

  1. 36 miles? 36 MILES???
    You should indeed be thanking God each step of the way, because the ability to do that is just miraculous! I'm having a hard time getting my head to wrap around this.
    36 MILES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen Flaming June. When I think about it I feel so unworthy of this accomplishment. I Give it ALL to HIM. I know he didn't just get me through but he gave me the wisdom to make proper choices and the endurance and strength to push farther.
      I have the ultimate coach in Christ.

      Delete