"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Beach Run

We have arrived in S.C.. My Nephew Brian is graduating from the Marines. I am so very proud of him.
We brought my other nephew Lucas with us. Alec loves his cousin Lucas. They are very close. They were easy driving partners.

We promised the kids we would take the to the beach. It took about 30 minutes to get to the nearest beach. It was in a state park down here.
The water was like bath water. It was so warm. Not real pretty but very enjoyable. The beach had woods on my one side of it. The landscape was breathtaking.
Andy and I took turns playing with the kids in the ocean while the other one went for a quick run. That's the problem with training. Just because you are on vacation does not mean you get a break when you are training. I am not getting the miles I want in but I am still getting the old legs turning.
Some of my most favorite runs have been on vacation.
I LOVE Running on VACATION!!

Today was the first time I have ever ran on the beach!
Ran 3 miles and walked 1 mile.
SO Awesome. I wish I ran as fast as the hermit crabs!


Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment