"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, September 22, 2013

T minus 6 days :HUNGERFORD GAMES

 "Each one of us has the power to make others feel better or worse. Making others feel better is much more fun than making others feel worse. Making others feel better generally makes us feel better."
Martin Luther King Jr

I am enjoying the taper. This week I am going to try and get my massage and enjoy running less and getting more done. I am going to try to put on a couple pounds as well. Oh yeah, I am going to try and remain calm. Breathe, Pray and desperately try not to panic.
It is here. There is NO backing out now.

Things I am thankful for during my Ultra training the past 16 weeks:
Thankful I remained injury free.
Thankful I had people to run the majority of my long runs with me.
Thankful I never hit a big wall of discouragement in my training.
Thankful for the encouragement of others. I am always so shocked at the people that are rooting for me that I  hardly know.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With that in mind it brings me to something my pastor said today. Funny how we get so crabby when things do not go our way. We often feel like we should "Let them have it." Someone messed our order up at the drive thru or that person cut you off on the highway. We have gotten so ultra sensitive. WHO cares they added cheese on your burger..TAKE IT OFF. But because we are slightly inconvenienced we think we should make someone feel as lousy as we do over a piece of cheese or having to put our breaks on and turn off our cruise control.

WHAT if...What if we smiled at that person who looked like they were having a bad day rather than point out they look like they swallowed a turd?
What if we told the cashier "Your doing a great  job, thank you!"?
What if we called a family member and said "I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you."?
What if you just waved, or smiled, or opened the door for someone?
What if you said things like: "Have a good day.", "No Problem" Or "Thank you"?
Rather than walking around with a chip on our shoulder.
What if we woke up and said I am going to try to make someone smile. I am going to be an encouragement to someone today?

I am not all of the above at all. I try and then there are days I don't try.
This has been a tough week. I have had to try a lot this week. I have actually isolated myself this week. There are calls I should be making to different family members but I have been in my funk. I know I should try harder. It is safer for me to be alone with myself than to be something I can not be right now. Thank God for second chances.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joan and I

The Rundown:
Distance: 5.09
Time:51 min.
Pace: 10.01
Easy run but fun RUN. I ran with Andy and "JOAN". "Joan" was one of Ariels sorority sisters. Her and her fiancé "Javon" came over after church and breakfast. We had so much fun. I get so excited when newer runners ask questions about running. "Javon" picked my brain for about 20 minutes. I am setting him up with a basic training plan to prepare him for a half marathon.
This week as hard emotionally as it has been it is so amazing Gods timing. He has put "Ariels" friends around me. I have gotten messages from a few different ones. I know God is holding the tissue box for me.

There was more I wanted to share but I am tapping out.

Have you encouraged someone lately?
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment