"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Running Fits Support Boston RUN



When it comes to my running schedule I am very routine. "Danielle" shot me out a text yesterday asking me if I would like to join her in a running event hosted my Running Fit to support Boston. The run would be at Kensington Metropark and it would be a 4.15 miles.
After no time thinking about it, I had already text her "YES"!

My routine was to run this earlier in the day but because I have a hard time diverting from routine... I had a double run.

Run number ONE was beautiful but painful. The snow was falling heavy and thick . It was magnificent to look at until it turned into wind and sleet. Then it was slapping my face cold. I tipped the bill of my hat down and just ran into it.
5 miles and the legs held up good for a strong run.

Run number TWO did not go quite as I had imagined it. I was rushed and too diversified. I just had to much going on by the time I got in the car heading to Kensington. I had one kid having dinner with our youth pastor and I was taking my other sons' friend home all at the same time. Because I was rushing I got more miscombobulated! I took the wrong way to Kensington, I forgot my Garmin, I got in a argument with Andy and I got lost in the Park making myself late.
UGH!!
To add insult to injury I could not find "Danielle" because they had already started. While everyone else was running and laughing and enjoying the camaraderie of each other I was huffing and puffing trying to catch up to her. I was so embarrassed due to running hard to find Danielle I was out of breath, I was running so hard that people were turning around to look at "That person breathing like a zombie".
They had that look like "DUDE..it's not a race, chill out.."

I never found her but she found me looking for her at the finish.
We hugged and laughed and even took a couple pictures together. It was great to see her and the hundreds of people that showed up. I saw Boston Running jackets as far back as 30 years ago. There were runners and walkers and every age and size.
I was so encouraged by the unstoppable support.

I am very glad that I was able to go. Even if to top off the night I got terribly lost! I was thankful to my good friend "Holly" who kept putting in my locations and helping me get on the right road. She stayed with me on the phone till I saw a familiar road. I seriously got lost in my own town. I am not going to go into detail as not to embarrass myself more but it is bad...Lights are on but No ones HOME!

Good night,
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment