"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, April 7, 2013

"Batteries Low"

Today was my last long run before Boston. 12 miles LSD. (Long Slow Distance)

I had that little voice in the back of my head saying "DON'T RUN, it's gloomy, it's windy.."
And the stronger of the voices came back with "SHUT UP AND RUN!"

I headed out the door about 4:45. This was really late for a 12 mile run for me. But what else do you have to do on a Sunday afternoon? RUN.

"Batteries Low" came across my Garmin at mile 3. As I did the math in my head I came to the conclusion that most likely my watch was going to die before I finished.
Bummed out I quickly realigned my thinking and calculated a 12 mile route that I know from memory. There was a slim chance my Garmin was going to still have juice for another 9 miles..over a hour of running but I was more prepared with a plan.
However, the purpose of this run was not about speed or sweat it was just to get some easy miles in to keep things loose.
As I finished my run of almost 2 hours my watch still was working.

Running and Life Collide:
 Psalm 73:26
“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

Don't we all have days when we see "Batteries Low"?
Days when we have to recalculate our day or our agenda...
Moments when we have to realign our thinking..

Sometimes our batteries do run low and we seek anything we can to give us strength. We seek that cup of coffee with the extra shot of espresso, or that good friend that always picks us up or even our favorite tunes on the radio.  But nothing works. Nothing seems to supply the energy and stamina we need. 

We RUN on empty. We wait for our batteries to run dead. But with Christ they NEVER do. 
I knew that regardless of what my Garmin did God was still supplying me with the strength that I needed to finish my RUN. Sometimes in life we have to redefine our routes and relocate our strength. When we rely on our tools and ourselves our batteries will die. But when we Seek Him for our STRENGTH our Batteries never DIE. 

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 12.11
Pace: 8:53
Time: 1:48

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment