"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, April 22, 2013

1 week Later...Boston Strong!

We have been home now since Thursday afternoon. For every hour that I have been home I am reminded of the Love that is still out there.
Yes..There is Evil out there. There will ALWAYS be Evil in this world. But there is so much Good. So much Beauty and Kindness. Compassion and LOVE.
LOVE Conquers ALL.
I read a simple Facebook post in the aftermath of the Boston Bombings, "Evil never wins." (Sarah M)

I have had the honor to feel Pain. Yes, Honor.
True pain if used to its potential can gauge LOVE, Compassion, Joy, Happiness and so many other beautiful emotions.
.
Without Pain how do you appreciate the power of LOVE?
Without Pain how do you exercise Humility?
And Without Pain how do you discover Gratitude?

In the shadow of the bombings are images of not just my pain but more vividly the pain of others. The pain of innocence being stripped away. The pain of lives being forever altered and devastated. The pain
of visions and voices that echo in our ears.

"Do not be overcome by Evil but Overcome Evil with GOOD." Romans 12:21

Goodness is the air that I have inhaled the last 7 days. I have felt Love, Compassion, Goodness, and every warming emotion.
I have had the most moving messages from people I know and do not know and I can not even find the words to express my heart.

I have seen and felt LOVE. True Love and Compassion this week.  And it is Strong. 

I want to remind people that on the 1 week anniversary of this tragic event that WE will not hide in Fear.  

"Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." Psalms 23:6

My family will never forget the horrible events. We will not take lightly that we were just 1 block from a different outcome. 
I will not take this life for granted.
I will live with Intention.  
I will recognize GOD in every breath that I breathe and every step that I make. 

I will not succumb to defeat. As I climbed up "Heartbreak Hill" every fiber of my body wanted to quit. The pain in my calves stung like bees. My heart was  raw and broken with the memory of Ariel. As I cried in emotional pain I could hear her voice calling me like it often did. I could hear our past conversations ringing in my ears. Her face was so close I could touch it, yet I knew she was no where in this world. I climbed further to the top of that hill, feeling like I wasn't moving at all. 
Maybe this is YOU...
What is your Heartbreak Hill?
On this anniversery of the Boston Bombings I will rise and go ON. I will look to the TOP of the hill and one step at a time I will conquer all that wants to hold me back. 

Because at the top of the hill lies Goodness, Compassion, Love and Every warming emotion!

Because LOVE Wins!
Boston STRONG: Boston Marathon 2014!! 
"For God does not give us the SPIRIT of FEAR but of Power, LOVE and Self Discipline." 
2 Tim 1:7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
RUNDOWN:
I have ran 3 times this week
  1. In Niagra Falls, Wed-..Easy 2 with Austin that was a reminder that I was still not ready to run! OUCH!
  2. Sunday: 5 miles progressive..Calves reminded me of the torture I inflicted on them..OUCH Again!
  3. Monday: 5 Miles trail..Watch died so I ran timeless and directional clueless..Got lost a couple times on the trail! 11 minutes in the Cold Plunge, what a difference. 
NOTE: Ran all 3 times in My Compression socks. For recovery after a race they recommend these and they feel amazing on sore Legs!
Anita

 








No comments:

Post a Comment