"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Running through my head...

"..Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthythink about such things."
Phil 4:8 


I ran today to get away from your words that I couldn't shed.
I ran today for the words I wanted to hear but never did.
I ran today because I had expectations that were not met..my fault.
I ran today because I couldn't fix things and you don't want to.
I ran today because I wanted something more than you can give.

Little voices can turn into a lot of yelling and quickly drown out joy and happiness. Relationships are difficult. People are difficult. But through the course of life we all encounter similar things that I have listed above. Today I was struggling. Why??? Because I care? Maybe I was a  little more sensitive?  I don't want to be calloused or bitter, yet I have to learn how to cope with people and relationships. The Focal Point HAS to be on Keeping the major things MAJOR and the minor things MINOR.
That IS WHY I RAN.....
 
I ran today to move on and move forward.
I ran today to ask God to do a work in me.
I ran today to clean out my heart and make me soft hearted.
I ran today to forgive you and remind myself God made you.


I had to take the small irritations, heartaches, expectations, disappointments and sift them through Philippians 4:8. 
Were these thoughts that were TRUE, PURE, NOBLE, RIGHT, LOVELY OR ADMIRABLE? NO! I was in a emotional pit. It was like a pool of quicksand and I was quickly sinking into a nasty place. 
 There is a famous scene in Peter Pan. Peter is in the children's bedroom; they have seen him fly; and they wish to fly too. They have tried it from the floor and they have tried it from the beds and the result is failure. "How do you do it?" John asked. And Peter answered: "You just think lovely, wonderful thoughts and they lift you up in the air." That sentiment is a little sappy but it also contains a measure of truth. The only way to defeat evil thoughts is to learn to think differently.

I ran today for something better than I was.
I ran today for the Challenge and Commitment to myself.
I ran today to accomplish something Victorious. 
I ran today to release negativity and lay hold of JOY.

I RAN TODAY BECAUSE I COULD!

We choose the way we respond to our circumstances. We can see everything as a tragedy or view things as a challenge.  We can see obstacles or opportunities.
The same is true of people, we can spotlight their failures or their victories, the strengths or their weaknesses. We choose how we will see others. Today's run was helpful in helping me sift through my stinking thinking.

"Watch your thoughts, they become words.Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

Why did you run today? Did you listen to your thoughts today?

 
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment