"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, February 12, 2012

When there is no Road to Run on

Proverbs 16:9
A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.

The weekend was good. No major outbursts from Austin, which makes the whole house so much more peaceful!
Austin Snowboarding. 
Friday after working all day we just chilled out. And Saturday after working I came home and took the boys sledding. I love sledding.I like getting all bundled up and playing with them. When we came home, we had dinner and watched a movie. It was a late night. 
Alec, heading up for another run down the Hill!

But then Sunday rolled around..Yeah today. Even though I went to bed late I still got up early. So after church I was dragging. And after lunch I was completely pooped out, it all hit me.
I still had to do a long run. 
Because of the pain in my knee and IT-Band inflamed I have scaled back. Today I was not going to up my miles. I was going to keep them the same as last weeks, 13. But today I was tired...a nap sounded really inviting...

Shouldn't have taken that nap. I woke up unmotivated and tight on time. My 13 miler now transformed into 6! It was sunny out so I thought I would at least run outside. I was pretty excited to try out my new shoes anyway. My excitement also transformed...into disappoint! After layering and lacing up I discovered my back heel did not want to stay in my new BROOKS. Upon further investigation I discovered I was in a size to big.
In Asaics I wear a 8 1/2
In Brooks I wear 7 1/2 
I got confused and brought home BROOKS in a 8 1/2! (I came into the store in my Asaics)

Quickly trying to recover my disappointment, I switched into my oldies(Asaics) and headed out.
I am not going to lie...I just wasn't feeling it. NO Part of it. Today's run was as much of a chore as washing the toilets after 3 guys!
And to make matters worse there was no Road to Run on! I was uneasy as the cars passed so close. I ran into the snow a few times but because of the miles on my shoes I almost slipped from no tread. Traffic was quite busy on my route and I found myself praying. But I wasn't even thinking about me. I was Thinking about "Jill" who's husband had a massive stroke last week and "Rose" who just had a tumor removed from her spinal cord that was causing her to loose her ability to walk. Both of these ladies are my clients. Both I care for deeply. God is so good though, as I forgot to pray for my path he directed my steps and made my path clear and safe. My heart was wanting to go for a run, My heart was wanting to do more than my mind wanted to do. My heart was heavy for these ladies..But God took over and cleared my path. There were exceptionally more cars moving all the way over into the other lane. People were so polite and conscientious of me running on their road. 
Sometimes we run out of road. We do not have anywhere to go. We feel defenseless and defeated. The path just isn't clear and precise. Sometimes we are even confused to what direction we have to go in. Life is filled with so many variables and yet nothing makes sense. But I promise you when you trust in God, when you trust in someone BIGGER than yourself, He will clear your paths, He will direct your steps, He will give your direction. When our focus is on HIM. God will show up every time and be the Compass of your Life.


Psalm 48:14
For this is God, our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment