"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, January 29, 2012

RUNNING and RECIPES!

After church we went to Panera for lunch. I just left church and was already irritated. I decided that the best thing for me to do was to not use to many words. To stuff down my aggravations and try to convince myself with a SMILE that everything was gonna be FINE! We are always joined with mom and dad for breakfast.  Mom knew that I was not my normal self. Mom  slyly asks "So Nita what are you gonna do  today?" With the BIGGEST SMILE I could dig up I tilted my head and squinted my eyes and said." Hmm, I think I am going to run into tomorrow." Mom responds "Tomorrow huh?" "That's a long run!"

It was going to be a long run. 10miles. I had full intentions of running outside. Mom and dad at breakfast made me promise not to run outside. I didn't promise but did one of those."Yeah, Yeah" things that would keep them from getting mad at me. I already had my clothes picked out in my head and my route mapped!

Problem was I took a nap. When I woke up I didn't look outside. I got al1 ready THEN looked outside. There were neighbors all bundled up with their snow blowers going full speed. The snow was coming down like a winter wonderland. Everything was white and fluffy like a big cotton ball. By the looks of it I knew my running shoes were not going to get me to 10 miles out there much less to the end of the street.
Snap Fitness here I come. 10 miles on the Dreadmill sounded like total torture. I packed everything I could think of to keep my attention. Magazines, gummies, gum water, ipod, and pen and paper to log my run.

There was no radio or sound for the TVs at the gym. "Yup this just went to a new level of misery." I thought. I got on the 90 minute treadmill, set the speed at 7.1 and looked up at the TV. The captions were on and next thing I new I got totally sucked into this movie. 10 miles came pretty easy. People came and went. I decided that I should do 11 miles. I thought of a few people I knew who are running the same marathon I am running this spring and they ran 12. I put one more mile under my feet with thier training in my mind. It felt good. I had even increased my speed the last few miles. But I felt REALLY good now that it was over!


RECIPES:
Maple Granolaliscious Granola: Easy 25 minutes total time!!
RECIPE: Granola

2 cups Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Coconut
1/2 cup Sliced Almonds        
1/4 Cup Canola Oil
3/4 Cup Real Maple Syrup
MIX ALL INGREDIENTS IN LARGE BOWL
PLACE SPREAD OUT ON COOKIE SHEET
BAKE AT 350 for 20 minutes (I flipped the granola after 10 minutes)
Cool on wax paper
Agave is a alternative to Maple Syrup..Also add raisins and cherries after cooled!

This recipe is a re-post. I took this Granola to work and the girls wanted the recipe. Here You Go "Stephanie" Love ya..Enjoy...Bring me in some when you get it made!!

QUINOA AND BLACK BEANS ..Recipe by Jill.
Saute 1 onion and 3 tsp. garlic (or 3 cloves) in 1 Tbsp oil until brown.  

Add 3/4 C quinoa, 2 1/2 C vegetable broth, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.

Boil about 20 min and add 2 cans cooked rinsed black beans.


I added about 1/4 C barley (cause I had it) with the quinoa and didn't put in the called for 1 C yellow corn (cause I didn't have it).

What did You Do Active this Weekend?
If you are training for a marathon this spring how long was your long run? How did it go??

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
Beverly Sills

ANITA~

No comments:

Post a Comment