"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Blood and Blisters in my New Brooks.



We finished our run at Indian springs this morning feeling accomplished. The rain held off leaving the trail in the woods misty and dewy. The fog put a mysterious veil over the foliage.
LOOK at the TOE!!The BLEEDING Toe.not the overlapping WEIRD looking TOE! Poor ugly Feet!
When we finished I looked down and saw a tinge of pink on my left shoe in the toe area. The pink was almost transparent but it left a question mark floating in my head. I got home and not to my surprise my second toe nail was bleeding..GRRR
I have these 90$ shoes that are giving me blisters and making my toes bleed..This has never happened to me. UGH! There is no way I can take them back, they have 21 miles of outside running and tainted with blood on the toe.  There is no way I can run out and buy another pair. It is actually Andys turn, he needs a new pair, then it is Austins turn, he is going to need shoes for Cross Country!!
So I am not sure what I am going to do. I was hoping they would stretch out..Of course. You buy new shoes and hope they will do so much..Make you RUN faster, Make you RUN harder, Make you RUN longer...Oh the Pressure ON NEW Shoes!
I will let you know if there is any toenail left on Sunday for my Long run!...Those should be some fun pictures!

I made some new recipes this week.
Yogurt parfait: 
1/4 cup low fat Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
Fresh Strawberries/Blueberries
1 Tablespoon Protein Powder Vanilla (I use JUICE PLUS COMPLETE)
Almonds
MIX YOGURT, COTTAGE CHEESE, AND PROTEIN POWDER TOGETHER, AND LAYER WITH FRUIT, AND TOP WITH NUTS!
Nutritional Analysis: 260 calories, 6g fat, 307 mg sodium, 11g carbohydrates, 4g fiber,  38g protein

My OPINION: WAY to early to eat in the morning...The dairy almost did me in. I couldn't finish last bite, it was wanting to come up- not go down! Better to have for a Post Run Treat.

Whole Wheat Double Berry Muffins:
2 cups W W Flour
1 egg
1/2 cup applesause
2 tablespoon Canola oil
1/2 cup blueberries and strawberries chopped
1 tablespoon suger, I used Brown
1/4 cup milk or to consistency.

Mix egg, then sugar then rest of ingredients put in greased muffin pans.  I sprinkled mine with sugar.
Bake 350 for -15 minutes. or until toothpick comes out clean.

These were Wonderful..Went down real well...Especially warm with a skim of Real Butter!

Fun Runner Jokes!
  A blonde goes out for a run
A blonde goes out for a run. She comes to a river and cannot see a bridge anywhere nearby. She spots another blonde on the opposite bank. "Yoohoo doll!" she shouts, "How can I get to the other side?" The second blonde looks up the river then down the river then shouts back, "You're already on the other side!"

What are you running this weekend? Are all you New Year Resolutioners still sticking to your game???
What are we training FOR???

 
Anita 

No comments:

Post a Comment