"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Heart took me running but I forgot to grab my brains!

 "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
-John Bingham

I decided today would be a good day to get my long run out of the way. Sundays or Mondays are typically when I like to tackle my distance but Monday my kids are off school and home with me. 
I tried to guilt Andy into running part of my 14 mile run with me. I even sent a text to my long lost running partner Heidi. She has a new job and her schedule is a bit hectic these days.
It was 10:30 and I was desperately seeking someone to share on ANY part of next 2 hours pounding the pavement.
My phone alerted me I had a TEXT... It was Heidi..."PLEASE Please, join me, even for 2 miles." I thought. She responded with a "YES"!  Heidi wasn't available until 4:30 but could do 4 or 5 miles with me. I was tickled pink!! I was so grateful that I could hardly wait to lug my body out in 29 degree weather for over 2 hours of monotonous running!

I spent 25 minutes stretching and rolling my IT-BAND. And was surprised my leg wasn't as painful rolling as it had been for the past 3 weeks. This is a good sign.

All dressed, I grabbed my Juice Plus Chews, 2 pieces of gum, water with CHIA seeds, and headed out the door.

Now I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. I have never claimed to be but this was the 3rd time I miscalculated  my run in 5 weeks. SIMPLE MATH.
Thank God today my legs worked better than my brains!!!
 I left my Chia H2O at home to do a 6 mile loop where I grab my Chia H2O and carry it to Heidi's.  I would drop it off at her house and together continue on. Drop her off after 6 miles, grab H20 and run home.
6mile loop
6miles with Heidi
2 miles home
14 miles

CAN You figure out what I didn't add in?????????????????????????????????????????????
If you answered the miles to Heidi's house- could you please share some brains with me??!!
I just turned 14 miles into 16 and couldn't believe I was still standing when I got home. Not only standing but feeling pretty good. Maybe not "pretty good" just not "pretty bad"!

ICE*Motrin* Elevate*

"Marathon running is a terrible experience: monotonous, heavy, and exhausting."
Veikko Karvonen, 1954 European and Boston Marathon Champ

When I have to run that long I battle with so many demons. It is not easy. I do it because it is part of the training, part of the package. But I am not gonna lie..It SUCKS. It is cold, windy, I am layered and uncomfortable. I worry about my body, blisters, and my sugar not dropping.
Today I had Hope. I didn't even notice the temps, my feet, the wind or the miles or minutes. I couldn't think about anything but seeing "Heidi".  She always has this incredible smile. She was there for me when I needed her. What a incredible feeling. She was such a blessing to me. Heidi just helped her sister with her long run on Friday, doing 10 miles with her! And Now she was helping me!
Do you know how good it feels when you are all alone, when you have to do something you are dreading and someone says..I will do it with you, You are not going to have to do this alone. ANYTHING...I would have taken Anything...2 miles...30 minutes...It was such an encouragement to me.
Everything hurts more when there is no one there to support you. It feels like it will never end. The obstacles seem more difficult and defeat appears clearer then accomplishment.
But today...There was Help..Encouragement..Support... Faith and Ambition..
Today I was not only able to finish...But finish Farther...Stronger and Sorer! LOL

Proverbs 20:6 “Many will say they are loyal friends, but who can find one who is truly reliable?” (NLT)
Can I encourage you to be someones Silver lining? Be their  Glimmer of Hope..Maybe you can't go the full distance...But any little bit, I promise could be someone else's Blue Sky.
Not just in running..In Life. It may be a little uncomfortable for you, It may even interrupt your agenda..But it will Make Someones Else's Journey a little Better, a little Easier and  a little Happier.

BTW..I am laying here in bed..My toosh is soo sore, my legs feel like rubber and I am exhausted. I took a hot bath and thought it was the magic remedy...But all that pain is slowly surfacing.....It is going to be a long night!!
Thankful For My RUNNING Partners to the fullest. Each one have been there for me. I wouldn't be where I am at without them the last year. Soo blessed for those Angels God has given me...
All My Love  TO Heidi, Katie and Danielle.

CHECK IN TOMORROW TO LEARN A LITTLE MORE ABOUT MY CHIA!!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment