"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Week Two. Training Rundown

  
"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:13-14

19 Weeks till Bay Shore Marathon. 

I have thought to myself on more than one occasion. "What have I gotten myself into?" The idea of running 26.2 miles for the third time does not settle in-any better for me. I can feel my stomach twist and my heart skip beats at the thought of the training for the next 19 weeks.

I can't just run it. There has to be a goal. A destiny. A challenge. I don't settle for meritocracy. I never have done the job just to finish. The course and training always comes with pain, but the pay off is usually victory.

I have been taught since I was small you push through the pain. You dig deep. You never quit and you never SETTLE.  Life is not about perfection it is about persistence, passion and perseverance.
I have tried to instill that into my children. Life is not fair, Life is not easy, but you work hard and you work honest and do it to your fullest. Even if you fail that does not mean you are a failure if you gave your whole heart.

So here I go again. Not only am I training I am also helping "Katie" to train. Bay Shore will be Katie's first marathon also.

So here is my rundown over the last couple weeks of training.
I have been sore almost everyday now.  A couple days ago the bottom of my foot was really hurting the first two miles of my 6 mile run. I NEED NEW SHOES. I was running in my BROOKS Ghost. They are a very light weight and feel like second skin but because of their minimalist feel they break down fast. I have over 500 miles on them, which is way over the limit especially for those shoes.
So for my 8 mile run later that week I changed to my Asiacs and had no foot pain at all.

My weekly miles will start growing and is around 28-33 miles right now. This means that my diet will also have to change. I have to eat more calories.
Danielle and Katie.
I was so excited this week when I got on moms scales and had gained 2 and a half pounds. The key is keeping it on. When running you are what you eat. So to maintain my weight is hard because I can't just throw down a "Hot and Ready" to keep my weight on. That is a terrible source of calories for me. I need Power calories, Avocados, nuts, granola, bananas, quinoa, yogurt, whole grain bagels and peanut butter. Just to give you an idea. Fast food does not make you fast but it will go through your body fast making you feel miserable, it does me anyway.

Michigan's weather has been really nice for running outside. But I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to running in the snow. I am scared I will slip and the older I get the harder it is to recover! I have been chastised a bit by other runners for not running outside. Oh well..We all run our own race, and I want to run mine injury free!

My upper right quad has been pretty sore for the last week. I have been rolling my IT band and trying to stretch good after my long runs. I am trying to do 1 day a week of speed work with consists of intervals, repeats or a tempo run. All of which I hate. These are the ones that make me sore all week long.

Taking my JUICE PLUS is vitally important right now. All the running depletes your body so fast so I need a little extra. A Juice Plus COMPLETE shake is really a great recovery drink. When I don't have time I cheat and buy a Bolthouse Farms Protein Plus to drink.

So my last two weeks of training. So far we are on pace.
RAN into this dog on the trail!!!!  WOW!!
Katie is doing well also. We all got to run on Thursday. It was such a great reunion. Last week Danielle daughter was sick so it was Katie and I. This week we got to catch up. There were a lot of people on the trail, and dogs..AND poop! UGH.

Hows your training Going?? What are you training for?? Are you keeping injury free??


Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment