"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, February 6, 2012

Running up Hill and Foods you should Avoid!


"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they're supposed to help you discover who you are." Bernice Johnson Reagon

The weather in Michigan has been unseasonably warm. Michigan runners who are training for spring marathons have been very blessed with weekend temperatures in the 40's and sun.

My "long run" usually falls on Sunday. Superbowl Sunday was my Super Sunny Long Run.
Having the sun blasting at me was a good invitation to accept.
Not only were the clouds pretty absent from the sky but so were the voices in my head. So with no partner and not much to think about I was going to have to cling to the clear skies as my partner.
It was pretty smooth sailing till I got to about mile 9. I turned onto Falk road which is a dirt road. The road appeared innocent enough till about a quarter of a mile down. I was up to my soles in mud. I was bob and weaving around pot holes and sloppy mud pits. There was no way to avoid the slop. I was at the beginning stages of tiredness and boredom had already set in when I saw "it"... The Hill. "Ugh" I thought. I could feel the dirt in my shoes and now I had to climb this. About then just the right song came on and I looked UP and looked the hill Right in the eyes never looking down or back, Facing it -I conquered it.

As I was closing in on the top I thought to myself, isn't this LIFE. Each day we are presented with  challenges. Do we hunker down in Fear? Do we turn away and never conquer it? Do we give up never reaching the TOP?? I had already ran almost 10 miles. I was tired, muddy, lonely and had to PEE!
But no matter the Emotion, the Circumstance or the Distraction I DID NOT quit. I reached the top and kept on going all the way to 13 miles.
Please think of this your next time you are faced with a challenge. Recognize how you handle it. Go at it looking it straight on, keeping your head high, and do not quit! You may be surprised at what you can do, and what God has equipped you to do.

My knee is hurting today. I have been taking Motrin the last couple days. I went to the gym to do some core work and cross train a bit. I did 2 easy miles on the TM and came home. Only when Andy came home he wanted to go for a 6 mile walk/run/. Stupid me couldn't say NO. Now I am paying the price.

Foods To Never Eat! And their substitutions.
1. Steer Clear of FRIED FOODS. - High in Calories and Fat
BROILED IS BETTER..EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL.
2.There is nothing right in WHITE BREAD! Contains refined white flour and is converted by your body into sugar.
WHOLE GRAINS AND SPROUTED GRAIN BREAD.
3. Creamy Salad dressing- high in saturated fats and calories
VINAIGRETTE'S..OFTEN USED WITH OLIVE OIL.
4. White Rice isn't nice! -REFINED!!"Fiber and vitamins have been removed and the glycemic load will quickly prime your body for storing fat." According to Dr. Sartorius
BROWN RICE- Brown rice has three times the amount of fiber, more B vitamins as well as Selenium, and manganese , won't sky rocket your blood, and will keep you feeling fuller for longer due to the whole grain and high fiber.
5. Canned Soup- Very high in sodium
LOW SODIUM SOUPS.

What are you training for?? How do you overcome running when you hit "Your Wall"?
Keep me in your thoughts and prayers for my knee.
What are some food that you avoid?
For those who are training, KEEP IT UP!!

Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment