"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

From Pixie Dust To Peanut Butter!!


  “The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.” — Allan K. Chalmers


Left Knee..Acknowledged. ( Acknowledged = it is letting me know it is there. It is not silent but it is not deadly)
IT Band..Pesty =  It is just being annoying...Creeps me out because it wants so bad for me to make ONE wrong MOVE and then BAM! It is going to bear its UGLY FACE and torture me mentally and physically.

SOOO What are you doing about that ANITA?????????????/
I am rolling Before I RUN.
I am rolling After I RUN.
I am stretching. I am Icing. I am Praying. I am asking for Prayers. I am cutting back on tough runs.
And I bought New shoes.

I didn't get to wear them till Monday because I bought the wrong size and had to return them.

I did my long run  in them, 13 miles on Monday. They felt a bit tight in the toe, but I will keep a eye on that.


 Baumans Running store, They are close convenient and have a great variety of running supplies. They gentleman that was working is also very helpful. He is a running coach so it is great to have his knowledge and expertise.....Even if he is a "NIKE GUY"!!


Today Andy challenged me to this TM work out he found on Active.
http://www.active.com/triathlon/Articles/Treadmill-Training-With-Dave-Scott.htm

I printed it and took it to the Gym. 






 This was a tough Work out. There were a couple factors that made it challenging.
1. My stupid Dreadmill kept shutting off. I eventually just traded her in for a new one.
2. The first SET was the most difficult for me. The hills were challenging. But I knew Andy did it and that motivated me to try.
3. By the 4th rep of the first set I thought I was going to UP CHUCK!..
4. It is challenging to: A) Do the work out all the way through..But B) YOU put in your pace. So you can manipulate your work out a bit. Being wise to punch in the right numbers to challenge yourself BUT also careful not injure YOURSELF!
 Please Try this Dread Mill workout and tell me what you think of it!! I am for sure going to have to do it again. It takes around 45 minutes. Next time with the hubby.

Favorite Foods!

PB J with Homemade Raspberry Jam on WW


MY favorite is Trader Joe's Valencia Peanut Butter with Roasted Flax Seed!
"Contains 320 mg ALA Omega-3 per serving, or 25% of the Daily Value for ALA (1.3 g)"


NEW product for me though is MaraNatha Organic No Stir Peanut Butter.
I think it is a second Favorite now!! It is easy to purchase because you can get it at almost any large grocery store. It is not exclusive to only one store and the fact that it's Organic is also a bonus.

It has been a rough couple days. I really needed today's RUN.
I Needed to BUILD A BRIDGE and GET OVER IT!!
I wanted to sweat out my frustration, Run Down my expectations and do something bigger than Nothing. I wanted to seek my own victory and not wait for someone to give me happiness or fulfillment. While it is great to have people love, support, uplift, and encourage you..You can't expect others to fulfill you.. they are a gift not a promise. You have to always Count on God fulfill you. You have to do the work. I have to manage MY emotions, I have to Control My Happiness, I had To achieve My GOOD DAY. Running and challenging myself is a direct route to TRIUMPH and GRATITUDE.
I knew this workout was going to be challenging. But every set I accomplished I was closer to the Prize. Peace. Contentment. Success. Gratitude. I Knew what I had to do. It is Challenging to make ourselves Happy. It is not a fairytale world. No one is going to sprinkle Pixie Dust on you and tell you "SMILE Life is GRAND" Life IS GRAND..But you may just have to work at it.

Do you struggle keeping a brimming smile on? What do you do about it? Are you working harder at being a sour puss than you are at being grateful and joyful?

Ecclesiastes 3:12
"I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live."


Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment