"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, May 2, 2019

The Chemo Port.

Today I had my Echo.
Today is day one with my port. 
My Chemo Port. 

I slept surprisingly well. Last night I took 3 Motrin. They actually prescribed me enough Ativan for a heard of elephants. "Andy, I am NOT taking those!" I am so pill shy, especially anything addicting.

I wanted to run so bad. I feel great, other than this port in my left upper chest. The one that makes me feel like fine china. The one that I feel all my muscles pulling making it hard to holding myself upright. The one that is bandaged and taped up and hiding from my fearful eyesight.

My run..turned  into a 4 mile walk.
I tried to run, and the pounding felt like my muscles were ripping out.

I even tried running again at XC with the kids, Yeah, I had the worst form. I could have ran to show the kids what one SHOULD NOT look like when they are running.

I am staying hopeful that my port will heal or I will be able to run with my confidence in my uncomfortable state.

Today I went to lunch with an old workmate, a friend.
"A friends greatest gift is time spent together." Megan tagged me in this.
I have been overwhelmed by such love and support as I enter into a new season of my life. Seasons don't last forever.
But friendships can.
I am thankful for all my friendships.

Anita~

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anita .I also had a port. It was rough but I want you to know I am sitting here 11 years later .God carried me .I am a different person post breast cancer .the new and improved version .each day I looked for the favor of God sometimes it was a close parking spot because I was tired .I wrote it all down .when I look back on my story I bless myself .it was a time when it was just me and Jesus. Such a sweet time in my life. I will pray and feel free to contact me any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing with me. I really appreciate hearing other peoples stories. I gang so much strength from testimonies like your. Positive and full of faith.

    ReplyDelete