"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

A Post in Pictures, Chemo #1

Today was my first chemo treatment at 10am.

I met Tammy and April, the nurses.
Tammy was my nurse.

After about 10 minutes in the facility, guilt overcame me.
The first time I came to the facility when I was diagnosed and meeting my oncologist, Dr. Cotant, I didn't like the atmosphere. It was cold and depressing. It had no windows either.
I actually asked Dr Cotant if there was another place I could have my treatment, he looked at me like I had 2 heads. No fault of him at all.
I am ashamed of myself for my initial thoughts. I mean I do have cancer, and no windows are going to make that go away, so to some degree, yes I suppose my initial thought was me still dealing with the reality of my cancer.

BUT Today...


I was whistling Dixie. I feel comforted. Tammy, my nurse is fresh and bright. She is very good at informing me of all the information and procedures she was doing. 

My biggest concern was getting shot in my port. She would be putting it through my skin. I just didn't know what to expect. 
It was a piece of cake!

Once the port has the poke they begin to administer 4 drugs BEFORE the chemo:
  1. Aloxi 250 mcg anti nausea 
  2. Adivan .5mg anti nauseas
  3. Decadan 5mg steroid
  4. Cinvanti 130mg Anti nausea 
THEN...AC: The Red Devil

By the time they slipped me my chemo about 20 minutes had passed and I was DROWSY!
Feeling a little bit drowsy...

Andy sat with me coloring.  I really wanted to play a game, 5 Crowns. It didn't take much to talk him into that. Before we played mom and dad showed up. Mom joined in. 
The chemo was no big deal, my speech was slurring and they were making fun of me. I laughed but I didn't like that feeling.  
Playing cards took my mind off it.

After the Chemo was finished, I still had one more procedure, my Neulista, its a bone morrow stimulant to help your body produce more white blood cells. Originally, my insurance didn't cover this 6000$ drug that is part of my treatment, but thankfully their office worked their magic. You can see how it is a small bubble. It stays on my skin for 27 hours and administers the drug through a very tiny catheter that was poked from the bubble. Seriously, some major scifi stuff. 
HOLY CRAP that poke hurt. I squealed, then laughed. It feels like someone pulls back a rubberband and nails you.

It was close to 1 by the time we left. We set up my next 3 appointments and headed home.

I just wanted to lay down. Andy made me lunch, roasted chicken breast, cheese slice, hummus, and berries.
Andy must have snapped a picture while I was cashed out!
I ate and cashed out. I woke up trying to scramble. I had XC to go to. 
And after that I was heading to Fenton. Our AD, his daughter plays soccer for Fenton and today was their breast cancer awareness game.  Macy was playing in my honor. It was the sweetest thing. My heart was melted.
Macy Melero and I, so sweet. 

It was almost 7 pm by the time I got home. My head was hurting and my belly was flipping. 
Andy was so excited for dinner, Claudia and Rachel made us meals. Tonight was Tacos. This was great, my family loves Mexican food. Monday we had Kathleen's enchiladas. 
These busy days, I am trying to do everything I can do, but today, today I am toast. Andy could make a meal, Alec could set the table and I just had to get off the couch. Thank YOU. 


Its Just another Marathon..

"Romans 5:3-5 3Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. Anita~


14 comments:

  1. You are a very strong lady I have no doubt that you and God have this covered

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying Lori, it is so much easier when you know in our weakness he makes us strong, so much encouragement there.

      Delete
  2. Brianna GrunwaldMay 8, 2019 at 6:40 PM

    I love you Nita. �� Keep pressing on. God has GOT you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BRI, awe, sweetness, I am sis, I am. Miss you but I am so proud of you.

      Delete
  3. Love you Nita. You got this!!
    ❤️ The Elliott’s & Snyder’s xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COREI, you blessed me so much. You remembered your Journey with you father. I am sure they are memories you keep so close to your heart. It meant so much to me because I felt like you shared part of your journey with me to help me in mine. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  4. Thinking of you today and everyday. Prayers my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, Thank You so much, I know your prayers are being heard, God is healing and comforting me.

      Delete
  5. Christian and I are praying for you multiple times a day and we are so happy you know the Lord! Christian thinks your a really great coach who is nice, fun & sweet ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love that boy, the grit in him, such a sweet kid. Thank YOU. I really love coaching those kiddos, it brings pure joy to me.

      Delete
  6. We never know what life here is going to bring us .I am sorry you have to go through this. I’m praying for you and your family everyday❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those prayers, They mean soo much to me. They give me strength and Hope amoungst so much more unseen <3

      Delete
  7. Sending strength throughout prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope, your testimony has been inspiring to me. I think of the verse "We are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses that have gone before us..."
      I cling to that Hope and encouragement.

      Delete