"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mothers Day, A Cherry on Top.

I am starting late this evening. 
I was planning to blog earlier but I had a very pleasant  surprise. 
"Devon", "Dave" and also known as "DWILLZ" all the same, stopped over to see me. Devon has been like a son to us, he has been Austin's best friend literally from elementary. 
It was fun to laugh, go back down memory lane and be out of my head for a bit. 

Mothers Day:

I am 4 days POST round 1 of Chemo. I am also on my 4th morning of headaches. 
Mothers Day gave me no grace. I have learned to buck up, get out of bed, get coffee and Tylenol. I find myself on the corner of the couch with my fuzzy blanket and coffee, living on a prayer. 

But it was Mothers Day, even with a belly filled with nauseasness and a head that was screaming I painted more than the barn, I painted a smile of true happiness. 
I had both my boys home with me. And even though this is a tough season we are entering, as a family we are closer than ever. 

It was a wonderful day. I felt better than I had in days. My symptoms were not as much work to overcome. 
We had 1pm reservations at Shepherds Hollow. I LOVE going here for dinner. It is expensive but my boys love it and honestly I do too. 


I ate like a piggy. I did. I ate and ate and tried to eat more. I had fruit, French toast, roast beef, cheese, salmon, potatoes, potatoes salad, and dessert, all different desserts. I ate off Andy's plate and I went up for seconds with excitement. My belly wanted to eat and everything smelled so good. I hadn't ran since Chemo and I didn't care about calories or about keeping it "clean", I just wanted to taste food, indulge, enjoy and be gluttonous. 

All that food made me tired. We took a few family photos and headed home to nap. I normally would run, but I knew I needed to rest. I was hoping that if I rested that maybe I could run. Resting is not something I have ever done well.  I am used to "Pushing through". Andy constantly keeps reminding me "Nita, you can't push through this, this isn't the flu...." 

So I napped. And when I woke up I felt great, no headache, no nausea...I just wanted to RUN!!

The CHERRY on TOP. 
"Andy, will you go with me?" I asked knowing he couldn't say no.
"How far are you thinking?
"I was thinking 3 miles." I said with excitement. 
My body was shaking with excitement. I just wanted to run. It was 50' and drizzling, but I didn't care. I just wanted TO RUN!

I live across the street from a small park that has a 5K trail. We leashed up Sheba and headed out. 
My RUN didn't disappoint me. The trail was GREEN and the buds were coming up. Within a mile I saw a deer checking us out. I was in HEAVEN. It smelled lush, the trail welcomed me back. 
"Andy, isn't it beautiful?" I think I said more than I realized when I heard him chuckle at me. 
Like a little kid in a candy store I was in awe. 

A 5k. In the woods. On trails. 
The Cherry On Top of a wonderful Mothers Day. 

Anita~

2 comments:

  1. Anita, I am so happy that you got to do what you love today. Beautiful family thought and prayers are with you for all the strength you need. YOU GOT THIS!!!!!XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori, Its the little things. This is a time that I have to say, how much each mile matters. Luv ya sis.

      Delete