"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, May 19, 2019

"We RUN for ANITA"

“An effort made for the happiness of others lifts us above ourselves.”
Lydia M. Child
Liz, Thank you for your thoughtfulness. 

I just wanted to RUN. I wanted to run hard, I wanted to run free.
I wanted to run to a burn. I wanted to push myself with no boundaries.
I wanted to run not restricted to cancer.

I felt like a wild horse gated up only able to go so far, only able to go so fast.

I felt great. I was running in shorts and a tank top. I had my handheld filled to the brim for a 6 mile run.
"You can't get dehydrated...."
"You cant push yourself...."
"You can't over do it.."

What does that mean?  I love 3hour runs. I love running in the heat.
I Love pushing my body to the limits. Watching God work through me in my weakness is one of my favorite places to be.

I wasn't asking for a 3 hour run. I wasn't asking for a long run.
I just wanted to run a little harder. I wanted to feel the wind through my hair. I wanted to hear my voice say "..hold on Nita, hold on a little longer, stay strong..."

I took off under a canopy of grey skies ready to bust at the seams.
As I was leaving, Austin hollers "MOM, where are you running? What route are you taking? And how many miles are you running?"
He warned me of the storm coming.
It excited me. "Let me run through that obstacle, PLEASE just let me run into an element no one can take from me" I quietly pleaded with God...Fear of a storm only delighted me more.

Restricted but still free I ran....
My legs moved effortlessly.
6 miles was my goal. A six mile run can't get me in too much trouble.

The temperatures warm me up quick. I loved it.
I just couldn't discipline myself to slow down.

And just like that at mile 3 the skies EXPLODED. The rain came down sideways. I couldn't stop laughing. I threw my hands in the air joyfully. I didn't care who looked at me I was in my own HAPPY PLACE. The cool water saturated my skin within seconds. People were smiling as they saw my glee. I was in heaven.


DONG DONG...I was getting a text message. I knew I couldn't check my phone in the downpour so I ran to the gazebo and saw it was Austin checking on me. I told him I was good, "no thunder, no lightening."

And I hustled back out another 3 miles home.
RUNDOWN: 
Distance: 6miles
Pace: 7:53....OOPS

WHAT I DIDN'T TELL YOU....
About mile 5, I was thinking, "I am not even going to be able to race."  I can't over tax my body. I thought of my XC kids and how they get to RACE.
I thought of all those that got to race this weekend. How Lucky they were....

Only to get tagged on FB with this a very special post....
Lucas making my sign. 

Liz, a worker of mines mom ran a 5K today in my HONOR. Mia and Lucas her grandchildren made this AWESOME sign..
Mia also had her dad Phil out there running. Girls on a RUN. such a great organization.
They had no IDEA my thoughts today when they were running their 5K in my HONOR.

"WE RUN FOR ANITA". They Ran for me. I just wanted to cry. God works in mysterious way. In my quiet whispers he heard them. He heard my heart speak in silence. He brought me love. He brought me others to comfort and support me filling the voids this cancer has brought me.
Thank you MIA and LUCAS, I LOVE THE SIGN. You filled my heart. Thank you Liz, Phil and Stephanie for blessing me.
YEAH, congrats MIA and PHIL!


ANITA~


No comments:

Post a Comment