"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

From one Extreme to the Next

Last week, I camped out in recovery mode. I found myself tired, sore and emotional. We had a sudden death that rested deep in our hearts.

This week, I am on an adrenaline high. I feel like a crack head bouncing from one thing to the next. I am getting good mileage in, my body is upright, and I am even having fun. Yesterday, or more like this morning we had a BIRTH!
My niece Sarah asked me to be with her in the delivery room. Similar to coaching kids running cross country, I found myself using the same mantra! I was on her left hand side. Someone asked me to hold her leg as the nurse checked for the babies heart rate. I jumped to her side ready to help hold her legs during contractions. My sweet niece pushed for 2 hours. My arm and shoulder is so sore. It was truly amazing to watch a woman's body perform like that.
Us woman are just amazing what we can do.

I was driving home from the hospital in Royal Oak at 2 am. I had to chuckle as I drove thinking about what a party animal I was. Out till 2 in the morning! I haven't been out that late in years and had a clear conscious!

The Rundown:
6 easy miles on the back roads with Mary Ann and Erin at 7am.
14 miles at Holdridge, running the trails with Claudia. It was hot and humid. We both took a face plant on the trails. We laughed so hard at one another I about peed my shorts. I had to grab myself and lean on a  tree to prevent myself from losing everything in my bladder.
I did however find myself in a NOT SO FUNNY place.  I twisted that stupid ankle to the fifth degree. I lost my testimony shouting "OH S#@!!"
We did finish our run upright and thankful it was over as we were dripping in sweat and dirt. Between sweat, dirt and peeing my shorts I think I smelled like a wild animal.  Wild Mexican animal!
I wanted to get 30miles in. It was 88 degrees. I added another 4 miles calling it in at 25 miles today.
I am anxious to see how the ankle is tomorrow. Hopefully not a cankle.

Are there any tips out there for multiple twisting of the ankles? Does it heal? Or have I weakened it?
Woodstock is a blink away!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment