"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Birds of a Feather

One week of no running is enough to make one go batty. OF course this week displayed epic weather. Everyday the sun appeared teasing me, toying with me, "Come on Anita, don't you want to come out and play?"
BUT I didn't. It took 3 days to walk again. 2 days of falling in the bottom of the toilet because my quads were applesauce. 3 days of NO sleeping.
My mind wanted to run. I was a good girl and stayed put...sorta.

I did run to my mother in laws house when I got the call my son had crashed my car this week. My son had taken my car and not 30 minutes and a mile down the road did I receive that dreaded phone call. "MOM..Mom...I got in an accident..."
My heart sank. I was sick. He was talking, he must be OK. Oh GOD...I didn't have a car, All I had was my legs. All I knew how to do was RUN. I had to GET TO HIM!
AND that is what I did. I threw on my shoes and started running to my mother in laws. My legs were in working order. I sprinted through the tall grasses. Weeds scraping my legs on the uneven path.  My legs just floated over the ground. I couldn't tell I just ran 50 miles.  RUN Anita, Faster. My mind was spinning. I would have ran all the way had I not saw my mother in the car picking me up.
One week to the day, Boy Wonder had his license. My car was totaled. Everyone was fine, beaten up, emotional but nothing broken.

It has been a very rough week. I couldn't run so I painted my kitchen.
I would have painted the house but I didn't have a car to get more paint.
What I really needed was to RUN. I felt like a locked up race horse. I wanted to feel the sun, the wind, I wanted to feel sore, I wanted to breath heavy and hear my breathing. I wanted to feel my heart pounding and all my burdens slowly dissolve.

Lacey shot me a text to meet her to run 5 miles this afternoon. I was all over it like white on rice.
I ran to Laceys house, only I never arrived. She picked me up on the dirt road. "GET IN!" YIKES! I did as I was told!
I didn't have to be Einstein to know she was not in a happy place. Lacey is one of the toughest people I know. We have similar backgrounds. She doesn't tolerate excuses, whiners, or being wimpy. She is one of those "PULL up your BOOTSTRAPS" girls. You get through it.
I run with some tough runners. I have a few partners that have a testimony that is drenched in adversity. They have been through HELL and back.
I listen. I love. I laugh. But I hear her. I hear more than their struggles, I listen to their Strength. The "Come Hell or High Water" I will not be defeated attitude.
Our five miles, turned into almost 7 miles plus the mile I ran before she picked me up.
My Posse, We RAN into Erin out there running 10 miles solo! 

By mile four, we were laughing at our crapshoot week. It's life. Build and bridge and get over it. Get mad, cry, then suck it up and move on.
I am so encouraged by the birds in my flock.
You have to surround yourself with those who push you to be the BEST YOU. People that don't stand in the way of your dreams but help pave the way or hold your hand along the way. Encircle yourself around people who DREAM big Dreams, who Believe, Encourage, and Love. People that Work Hard, don't live on excuses and are Positive. They put in the work and live to attain Greatness.

Pick your tribe. Your choice. Birds of a Feather Flock together.
 
"He that walketh with the wise shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed." Proverbs 13:20
 
 
 
 
Anita~

2 comments:

  1. Really glad to hear your boy's OK Anita. It's a nuisance, for sure, but in the end, a car is just so much steel and rubber. Probably for the best he had his accident now: there's no better way for him to learn just what it means to have a drivers licence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STEPHEN! Thank You, It is a nuisance but like you said,you have to put things into perspective. It took almost 2 weeks to get a new vehicle. But I finally drove home yesterday in a new Dodge Ram! My first truck
    These kids are hard to teach! Especially when they KNOW EVERYTHING! lol

    ReplyDelete