Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, lean not onto your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-7
This was my verse for the day.
Lean not on your own understanding
He will direct your paths.
My understanding is often a path that leads in circles. It goes around and around in circles.
Sometimes it is as if we over think things to the point we lose our direction all together.
The last time I trained for my 50 mile race I ran up to 36 miles. I didn't run trails but once.
This time my longest run was 32 miles but I have ran trails multiple times.
I am not going to overthink what is to come, what I should have done or feel insecure or fearful about what lies ahead of me this Saturday.
I am trusting on God to set my path before me. I have trained all summer. I have stayed dedicated, committed and disciplined even when I didn't feel like it. And TRUST me there were MANY runs I didn't feel like it.
I had runs my body was sore from a previous run. I ran in temperatures that were blazing. I had blisters that were rubbed raw to the point I never wanted to put my feet in shoes again.
BUT I continued running not just
because I set a GOAL. I continued running because I had some incredible running partners.
Claudia gave me this verse today:
Eccl 4:9-10 "Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down one can help the other up."
In the days that my path has been crooked with confusion, exhaustion or burn out I have had God supply me with a partner to encourage, support and cheer me on.
Some of my partners never ran a mile with me. But they sent me cards, text messages, prayers and words of encouragement.
God has supplied me with this amazing group of people.
I want to give a shout out to those that have ran beside me in one way or the other:
- Andy, Andy came out tracking me to bring me nutrition, ice water and check on me. He always supports me crazy ideas.
- Claudia, she was always first to go after those 6am runs! I am so thankful for the accountability, great runs and great conversations.
- Lacey, She couldn't run but that girl came beside me on my 30 mile runs on her bike. She packed waters, bananas, ice and even tissue and wet clothes to cool off with. She could see me and know. She knew how much I needed her on my toughest runs and she put her life on the side to be there for me. Unbelievable. She is suffering a running injury and still came to my rescue. SELFLESS.
- Ken H. He came out for some dark Saturday runs.
- Mary Ann, Jama, Erin, these are running club rock stars! Best cheerleaders out there. They always show up with a smile and a great attitude!
- Maggie, Megan, Kay and Leeanne, text messages, Fb messages, Memes, and running list music these ladies have been a great support. I could always count on them on a long run to send me something on before my run or after my run
- Matt, Paula, and Ken, even though I only run with them once a year these elites have a few things to share. I saturate everything from where they plant their feet on the trail to just listening to their stories.
- Fritz, I am sad to say I haven't ran this year with Fritz. He, however has commented his experience on my blog and shared his wisdom that has spoke volumes.
- Rachel and Kris, these two are running besties. Rachel has the gift of encouragement. I shared some great miles with her. And Kris, I feel like I have ran with her because she has great words, wisdom and encouragement.
Thank YOU all. For two is Better than one. So Thankful to God for directing me through my training.
2 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!