"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, July 27, 2015

Woodstock Training Day

Training day. A long run on a Monday in 87 degree weather? You would have to be a little "ULTRA Crazy" to do something like that.

This is what my ultra training day looked like:
LOVE the barns on my runs!

  • 5am wake-up- snoozed 2 times.
  • Left house at 5:48 with a couple bites of a tortilla wrapped with peanut butter.
  • Ran towards meeting place, where Claudia would be waiting for me.
  • Carried Iphone, Ipod in my pouch. 2 Garmins (One for Claudia) a Garmin Charger, a KIND bar, My water carrier and a frozen bottle of water to drop on route. Oh and chap stick and 2 pieces of gum!
  • I love taking pictures of the people that I run with. I also like to take pictures of scenery. When I arrived to meet Claudia she had a present for me..a selphie stick!
  • The sun was just coming up by the time that we headed out. The temps were mild, still in the high 60's. 
  •  The black flies were so bad on our routine route we took a different back road route.
  • I actually look like I got Botox. I got bit on my forehead yesterday. This morning my eye was swollen and I had no wrinkles on my forehead! However, I think I looked like a character from Star Trek.  
    Talk about getting HIT with the UGLY stick! UGH!
  • We walked the hills, did intervals, unplanned. I wore my sons Garmin, it was not set for intervals.
  • Ran by feel NOT pace. I let Claudia set the pace. She was rocking it.
  • Claudia ran 14.5 mile with me when I dropped her off back at her car.
  • My goal was 22.
  • I filled my water for the second time before saying "Goodbye" to my partner.
  • My body felt pretty good.
  • I had been taking Sport beans with my water. The fruit punch has a little kick for flavor.
  • As I ran in the opposite direction of home, I began to analyze my training. I realized I was STILL BEHIND! I needed more than 22 miles.
  • 24 miles, if I had to walk back home, I was getting my miles in. I said another prayer.
  • Bathroom break at Mcdonald and MORE water!
  • At 23 miles I was applesauce. That last mile I probably walked a quarter of it. BUT I did IT!

RECOVERY:
  • Finished my KIND bar, 2 eggs, 2 waffles, COFFEE.
  • More water
  • Stretch, put my feet up. I chatted with my son trying to recover and enjoy his conversation.
  • Epson salt bath
  • LUNCH: Half Turkey sandwhich with Muenster cheese.
  • DINNER: Swiss Chard Chicken burger with Gouda, corn on the cob, cottage cheese and strawberries.
  • Pina Colada smoothie (Pina Colada mix, yogurt, berries, Pineapple coconut juice, coconut milk and ice ice baby!)
  • Roll and stretch.
  • Give GOD the GLORY!
ANITA~~~

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job!!!! Are you doing the 50k or the 50 mile? or 100....? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 50Miler...I'm pretty nervous, totally scared!

      Delete