This is what my ultra training day looked like:
|LOVE the barns on my runs!|
- 5am wake-up- snoozed 2 times.
- Left house at 5:48 with a couple bites of a tortilla wrapped with peanut butter.
- Ran towards meeting place, where Claudia would be waiting for me.
- Carried Iphone, Ipod in my pouch. 2 Garmins (One for Claudia) a Garmin Charger, a KIND bar, My water carrier and a frozen bottle of water to drop on route. Oh and chap stick and 2 pieces of gum!
- I love taking pictures of the people that I run with. I also like to take pictures of scenery. When I arrived to meet Claudia she had a present for me..a selphie stick!
- The sun was just coming up by the time that we headed out. The temps were mild, still in the high 60's.
- The black flies were so bad on our routine route we took a different back road route.
- I actually look like I got Botox. I got bit on my forehead yesterday. This morning my eye was swollen and I had no wrinkles on my forehead! However, I think I looked like a character from Star Trek.
Talk about getting HIT with the UGLY stick! UGH!
- We walked the hills, did intervals, unplanned. I wore my sons Garmin, it was not set for intervals.
- Ran by feel NOT pace. I let Claudia set the pace. She was rocking it.
- Claudia ran 14.5 mile with me when I dropped her off back at her car.
- My goal was 22.
- I filled my water for the second time before saying "Goodbye" to my partner.
- My body felt pretty good.
- I had been taking Sport beans with my water. The fruit punch has a little kick for flavor.
- As I ran in the opposite direction of home, I began to analyze my training. I realized I was STILL BEHIND! I needed more than 22 miles.
- 24 miles, if I had to walk back home, I was getting my miles in. I said another prayer.
- Bathroom break at Mcdonald and MORE water!
- At 23 miles I was applesauce. That last mile I probably walked a quarter of it. BUT I did IT!
- Finished my KIND bar, 2 eggs, 2 waffles, COFFEE.
- More water
- Stretch, put my feet up. I chatted with my son trying to recover and enjoy his conversation.
- Epson salt bath
- LUNCH: Half Turkey sandwhich with Muenster cheese.
- DINNER: Swiss Chard Chicken burger with Gouda, corn on the cob, cottage cheese and strawberries.
- Pina Colada smoothie (Pina Colada mix, yogurt, berries, Pineapple coconut juice, coconut milk and ice ice baby!)
- Roll and stretch.
- Give GOD the GLORY!