"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, July 20, 2015

Compromising with Myself

Running the Numbers:
Last weeks Milage: 53 miles. I am over the 50 mile hump!
Longs runs back to back: 20m on Sunday, 10m on Monday
Shortest run: 3 miles

The days have been hot and humid. We can not be waiting around for the weather to cool off when most of us have been waiting for the temps to heat up!

It is important make the most of our training. Try not to stay up so late and you will able to get up easier and earlier.

I don't normally set an alarm. I woke up at 5:01 this morning. I was meeting Claudia at the Highschool to run the backroads.
It was awful. The bed was warm, my body was stiff, and the pillows were so cuddly. I looked at my phone for the time, I convinced myself a few more minutes wouldn't hurt.
I laid there and did the math:
  • 5 minutes to get dressed
  • 5 minutes to get ready
  • 10 minutes to stretch and roll
  • 5 minutes to get to the school
  •  Therefore, 5 more minutes to lay here and make sure I have done the math right!
  • 30 minutes total...."Just don't close your eyes whatever you do Anita!"
Originally, I planned on running 22 miles. I juggled back and forth with this number and 20. My body felt capable but I opted out. I chose 21instead. It sounded like a perfect compromise with myself.

Last week, I jumped up 5 miles. I knew I had to be careful with my pace and distance for a couple weeks to continue to let my body catch up.

21 miles LOOKED LIKE THIS:


  • Intervals 6:1
  • Average pace including walk breaks 10.01/mi
  • We walked hills
  • We took pictures
  • Counted the deer that crossed directly in front of us..about 10. Little babies with her spots melted my heart.
All miles considered, I had enough energy to take the family to the beach. It was a great day!

Anita




1 comment: