"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Training Plan?

Training plan? Mary Ann asked me if I use a training plan during our morning run.
The most serious part of a training plan I use, the only part of a training plan that I take serious, is being very meticulous about my long run.
Yes, do speedwork, hills, intervals, threshold run, but not scheduled.

I don't love training plans for myself. I love running and training. I love the adventure, I love being carefree and
I love the feeling of being free from the responsibility of that partnership.

So todays training was unplanned. MaryAnn and I met at 7 Lakes State park. This is a bit of a creeper park.

I was thinking 10-12 miles.
We ran 7 miles, walked almost another mile.
My watch was still set on 6:1. Therefore we went with it. We picked up the pace during those 6 miles. Mary Ann thought I was setting the pace and I thought I was taking her lead, as we both were huffing it. Together, we kept waiting for the watch to beep. We were running sub 8 minute miles.
MaryAnn pushed me today. It felt great.

Coming home I made breakfast. Steak bites and egg white omelet with feta, garbanzo beans and spinach.
Having a good breakfast really sets the mood for my day. Good food makes the heart happy!

What is your favorite training plan? Do You follow one?

Anita


1 comment:

  1. I'm meticulous about following a training program. If left to my own devices, I'd never push it, so I write out every single run 18 weeks ahead of time, write it in pen in my planner and commit to it. Hal was my guy for years, but I switched to Hansons last summer and haven't looked back once!

    Great job with your run!!!

    ReplyDelete