"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, July 13, 2015

Will Run for COFFEE

“Sometimes you've got to go through hell to get to heaven.”
― Dean Karnazes,
     

Running trails was my biggest failure the last time I trained for an Ultra, my ONLY ULTRA.  I only ran on trails 1 time at Pontiac Lake. I was sore for a week, like seriously wimpy sore.

Before running Hungerford, I was insecure of what the course would be like or if my body would be able to adjust to the untrained terrain.
Through my concerns and insecurity, I was very happy with my 8hr:37min time for 50 miles at Hungerford.

Here are a list of things I would like to do DIFFERENTLY:
  1. Train TRAILS more!
  2. Purchase a hydration pack. Running all over town looking for water is NO fun.
  3. Learn to eat more on 3 hour runs and more. Not just chews, real food.
  4. Run with company more, discovering new places.
This will be a journey. With less than 10 weeks, I am still a bit behind.
After running 20 miles yesterday, I was curious to see how my body responded to running another 10 miles today.
I met Claudia at her house this morning at 6am. We ran the back roads on Eagle rd. Very Hilly. Claudia just ran Bastille race on Saturday. We both took it easy. We started out slow, walking most of the hills.
My muscles in the beginning felt like they were hyperventilating. My heart was pounding out of my chest in complete confusion. It took about 3 miles for my body to quit throwing a temper tantrum and except the abuse.
All I could think about was the special coffee Claudia was going to make me when we finished. My mouth salivated as I ran closer to the prize. It really was the wind beneath my wings.

After running our 10 miles, that coffee was even better than she described.

Are You a Coffee Drinker? What's your favorite Coffee???

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment