But today, I got to indulge in a few all at the same time.
- Christopher Walken
At mile 5 of 22 I found myself alone in the woods. As the music sang through my ears, I felt my frozen cheeks open into a smile. I could see Christopher Walken dancing across that hotel in the video. As frozen as my body was I had enough warmth to swing my shoulders back and forth. I found a little skip in my step as I tried to duplicate how Christopher was dancing in the video, Weapon of Choice.
I peeked around my shoulder to confirm no one was looking. When the coast was cleared I busted out my Weapon of Choice!
Weapons Of Choice for a 22 mile Long RUN!
- Shoes: Hokas- No blisters.
- Nutrition: Honey Stinkers and Reese Peanut Butter Cup!
- Prayer, an Attitude of Gratitude
- Great Company. I ran with Andy, Maryann, and Ken.
If you train your mind before you prepare your legs, you can convince your legs to do what the mind is coaching them.
You CAN NOT let any negative thoughts invade the training space in your head. I claimed the victory of my success before I ever laced my shoes.
I saw myself finished before I ever started.
Yes, I saw myself in pain.
Yes, I saw myself struggling in the cold.
Yes, I saw myself counting the miles to be done.
I Also saw myself OVERCOME the difficulties through Christ.
Tips for Running a Long Run:
- Proper nutrition taken at proper times
- I add some walk breaks in my run towards the last 10 miles
- Be mindful of your pace. The long run is designed to be 45seconds -1 1/2 minutes slower
- Running partners to encourage you and keep you motivated
|One of the runners' water bottle..Made me laugh!|
Distance: 22.10 miles
Average Pace: 9:11
Enjoyed seeing so many deer this afternoon. Also was very proud of MaryAnn. From the start of our run MaryAnn stated she was most likely NOT going to finish the entire 15 miles she was on track for. (I got there an hour before our meeting time and ran 7 miles)
Mary Ann not only finished but finished really well!
What Gets You Through the LONG RUN??