"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

From Paczkis to Pain




Stupid, Stupid Paczki's .
I came home last night at 9pm to discover the blueberry filled paczki calling my name on the table. I didn't think I wanted it I convinced myself as I walked back to the bedroom. "Well, maybe just a bite." I told myself. Then I tip toed back to the kitchen for another bite. Then another little bite. And another. After more than half of the jelly filled pastry was bitten away I gave up on being cute about it. I grabbed the last few bites in my hand and headed to the bedroom. Andy looked at me and in defeat and powdered sugar I just laughed.

My first thought this morning was PACKZI.
Oh, todays run was going to hurt. I may have enjoyed those 1000 calories last night but I was going to make myself pay for it today.
It reminded me of when a school team doesn't do good and the coach makes them run suicides.
I slacked off eating that little piece deceit and now I had to coach myself into the hurt locker.

1 Mile LADDER Run:
I headed to the track and decided to do a ladder drill.

Ladder Work Out
1 mile warm up
2x400m repeats w/400m c/d  in between
1x800m repeat w/ 800m easy jog
1x1600m w/ 1600 easy jog
1x800m repeat w/ 800m easy jog
1x400 repeats w/400m c/d in between 
1 mile cool down
8 miles total
Tie a knot and hang on!
I prayed for God to give me strength to endure the pain I knew I was going to invite.
WE ALL have our hard days. My hard day might be your easy day and vise versa. It is the enduring that really kicks your teeth in. I could see the finish of my repeats and tried desperately to hang on as I came around that curve on the track. I was frantically looking for the digits on the track to keel over in agony.
I envisioned me "HOLDING ON". I spoke to myself to just "HOLD IT, Hold IT NITA." And after about the second or third repeat I saw another vision. It was God's hand reaching out to me to grab. I didn't need a knot to grab a hold of I need his hand to reach for because I knew HE wouldn't let me go.
The vision was powerful. It gave birth to strength and stamina that I didn't think I was capable of. I shocked myself as I looked down at my watch with each passing repeat.
There is POWER in WORDS and VISIONS. You have to reach out there and say it. Then you have to Believe it. As for me I Seek God to give me what I do not believe I have on my own.
 
If you do not see Victory how are you ever going to achieve it?
Victory and Success does not come from the UPS Man. It is achieved with a little sweat and heart ache.
Tears streamed down my face as I begged my body not to fail me. The air was blowing through my hair cooling the beads of sweat off my brows. I could tell my face was distorted, a far cry from the cool collected look of Ryan Hall or Kara Goucher.
But nothing mattered at those moments but getting through the pain.
 
Victory comes THROUGH pain. Most of us stop at Pain. It hurts to feel it. We have learned how to mask it, hide from it, avoid it and numb it. But rarely do we learn how to go through it.
I challenge you to go through it. See what is on the other side of Pain.
Pain does not have to be a road block. It can bring success on many different levels both physically and interpersonally.
Rolling my ITband with the Trigger Point roller.
 
RUNDOWN:
Distance: 8 miles
Ladder Work out
Abs..Extra Paczki Abs.
-Stretch, Roll and Cold plunge for 12 minutes.
  • I was so thirsty after finishing my run I grabbed my water and took a BIG swig of it. It was ice cold and refreshing...ONLY IT WASNT MINE! My water was lukewarm and sustaining. Trying not to look so obvious that I just downed someone else's water I quickly headed upstairs. It was like clockwork. Like my body was instantly rejecting the ameba's that were in the water. I  lunged forward in a sneezing fit. 1,2,3,4,5, I continued sneezing as I made it to the upstairs gym. With spit flying out of my mouth I quickly grabbed a towel to continue to sneeze into. I was convulsing as the sneezing continued. 12,13,14 I seriously lost track. I barely caught my breath when another sneeze followed suit. I was thankful I didn't pee my pants that would have just added injury to insult.
 
Have you ever grabbed something at the gym that wasn't yours?
 
Anita
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment