"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, March 3, 2014

The Clock keeps Ticking-7 weeks out

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.
Laertius Diogenes
 
Tick Tock, tick tock the Clock is ticking. Less than 7 weeks away for Boston. That is only 6 weeks left of training. My stomach turns inside out when I think about it.
I have one 20 miler down!
In the next 7 weeks this is what I would like to happen:
  1. New Shoes
  2. 1 more 20 miler
  3. 2-22 milers
  4. Buy my Boston Running outfit.
  5. Wrap up traveling arrangements
  6. Start my Prayer Chain
  7. Download music for my ipod (Not that I will use it!)
  8. Schedule Massage
  9. RELAX
  10. Get my family excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am asking people to pray for me. I need prayer to stay healthy.
This years Boston Marathon is going to be a run of redemption. Last years marathon devastated both runners and non runners alike.
 
My life has been forever altered from it. I am a fighter. And there are many others out there like me. This year I am not going to bow out in fear or defeat. I am going to stand tall, as tall as my 5'2 self is anyway.
I have trained this year through the worst winter I have ever trained in.
I BELEIVE God is just training my mind to be more than a conqueror. I know He wants me to rely on HIM.
I go to bed sore and wake up in the middle of the night with cramps and body soreness.
I will Run Through it.
When I want to quit or give up I remind myself I am Boston Strong.
When I feel beaten up and mentally crushed I try to get back up and go one more round.
I am not a quitter.
And with CHRIST all things are Possible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RUNDOWN:
RUN 1: Husky Road Runners
Distance: 3.9 miles
Intervals: 3:1
RUN 2: GAC
Distance: 6.10
Treadmill first 4 miles.
I saw Jeff running on the track. He looked like H*@@. So I jumped on the track to check on him. Jeff was running his long run and was toast. I ran 2 miles with poor old Jeff to encourage him and take his mind off going in a million circles. I  was really sore and didn't want to run. However, when Jeff thanked me it was a good feeling. He said he was really having a hard time out there this morning.
 
 *I find it funny how sometimes you cant pull it out for yourself but you can get it together for someone else!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
PUMPKIN Bread Recipe:
3 eggs
2 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
3 tsp. vanilla
2 c. cooked pumpkin
1 c. nuts if desired
3 c. flour
1tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1tsp salt
3 tsp. cinnamon
(I add raisins, flax seed and wheat germ to mine)
Mix toether, then divide into 3 greased and floured bread pans. Bake at 350' for 1 hour. Eat like bread or use as pudding with whipped cream.
 
I have been making this for years. It is a favorite!
 
 
ANITA
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment