"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, January 13, 2014

Preparing For Boston 2014



BOSTON Marathon 2014 is Monday April 21st.
That is 14 WEEKS from TODAY!

I have my registration paid for. I have my hotel for 3 nights booked. But I still do not have the go ahead from the husband.

We have a lot of big changes taking place for 2014. These changes are interrupting running Boston.

Andy and I got into a financial discussion regarding how we need to spend our monies for 2014.
The Financial Fitness conversation is way more scary to me than any physical training I could do.
The conversation really puts a wrench in my running plans. Not to mention that even after 17 years of marriage it is still awkward.

When it was finished the last words that actually put closure on the discussion went like this. "Anita, I love you but we have to scale back and that means on runs like Boston."

Because I did not like where the conversation was leading I decided to RUN away from it.

Boston Marathon 2014 is EPIC. I just have to be there. Last years Boston was tragic. I think about it so often. This was the first time I have ever felt death. I felt terror like you see only in the movies. My children's faces still haunt me from that day. A mother should never have to see her children overcome with fear and terror. Shaken and hysterical. So many faces still weigh heavy on my heart.

Most of us RUNNERS were and are angry over the disgusting events to sabotage our sport. But we have used that anger to grow into strength to overcome. We have used it to fuel us to train harder and with more passion than ever. The memories of those taken from us on the day last April will be embedded in our hearts. We want to Honor them this year and let the world know we are STRONG. Boston Strong.

If I never run another Boston Marathon after this that is fine with me.

My kids are still frightened to go back to Boston. Last week I discovered to hurt my case even more the marathon falls on EASTER WEEKEND!

The Marathon got brought up again over the weekend. I did it. I had to do it. I PULLED OUT THE TEARS.
There was no other choice. I changed my voice and allowed my emotions to
break through! I think it may have worked.

For my official Boston training run I decided to run 7 miles of HILLS.

The Boston Marathon has 4 hills called the NEWTON Hills. You guessed it in Newton not Boston. These hills fall right between mile 20 and 21.
The last of the Newton hills is Heartbreak Hill. This is the mother of all Hills. Just the thought of running up her at mile 21 makes me want to bring out the water works again!


Training tips for Running Boston 2014:
  1. Train hills. Invite the Pain, Better now than later!
  2. Get your nutrition down. Start eating like an Athlete.
  3. ICE Ice Baby! Take care of your body if you want it to take care of you! Proper Recovery.
I will just focus on those 3 for now. I will go more into depth on them individually later.

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 7.07
Pace: 8:37
Time:1:01 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CHICKEN PESTO SOUP

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup onions chopped
  • 2 cups carrots sliced
  • 2 cups sliced celery
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • I do not measure but also add Oregano and more basil
Sautee above ingredients over medium heat with 2 TBPS Olive oil for 10 minutes.
ADD:
1- 8 oz jar of Basil Pesto
1 can Garbanzo beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 box of chicken broth
1 roasted chicken. (I buy chicken already roasted at grocery store. They have Organic ones.
Tear amount of chicken you want and place it with above ingredients.
Let simmer for about 1 hour.
I put mine in the crock pot for about 4 hours on medium.
Salt and pepper to taste.

Anita.





No comments:

Post a Comment