"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Week consisted of craziness.


"I give thanks everyday that I've been able to take my craziness and make it work for me."Fritz Scholder

Alec checking out the paddle boat.

I have not posted very much this week for 2 reasons.
1. My routine has been turned inside due to unscheduled events.
2. I have gotten absorbed into a good book. "THE HUNGER GAMES"

Events from this week looked like this.
Boxers are known to either SINK or SWIM....Guess who can swim!??
Austin tubing next to his dad.
  • PASTORS CABIN: Last minute this week Andy confirmed we were going to stay at our Pastors cabin we bid on about 6 months ago. The cabin is only 13 miles away and about a 20 minute drive from home.Convenient. It was easy to go back and forth and still work but it was a problem because we were doing so much driving and not very much sleeping.
  • CEDAR POINT; Austin had a friend spend the night only to get up Wednesday at 5Am to go to Cedar Point with about 100 youth from our church. I love amusement parks especially this yearly trip with the youth into Ohio. Scared to death, sweaty palms, insides out, and screaming like a mad woman with my hands wailing in the air is some kind of wonderful to me! But boy do I pay the price. Not arriving home till after 1am took its tole on this 30 something aged woman.
  • TUBING ON THE BOAT&CLEANING UP:  Thursday was one of those days when you try to squeeze 10 hours into a 8 hour time slot. We had two of Austins buddies come back home with us. Pastor Cliff arrived at 11am to torture us in the name of fun on the lake. As if the roller coasters from the previous day did not bury me I present myself a sacrifice for more torture. Smiling and laughing as my arms feel like they are being ripped out by the sockets I grit my teeth and hang on to the tube for dear life. I convince myself through absolute fear how much fun it is to hit waves and fly into the air like a pop corn kernel unknowing where you will land or what limbs you will loose.
  •  
  • Sheba was in the car ready to go home.
    • When we return from being water logged I dry off and go for my run. I barely catch my breath and start stripping sheets and packing up.
    •  READING..EVERY SPARE MINUTE READING!!
Every day had a full schedule of events and this has been hard on the running schedule. When life throws you a few curve balls you have to get creative. This is where the seriousness of a runner presents itself.
I was flexible. I was not as efficient but I did get my miles in.
I have heard people say, "I do not run on vacation."  Well, I LOVE to run on vacation. Running is a passion that burns all year long. But I do not usually TRAIN on vacation. There is a difference.
I run taking in the smells, the breeze, the sun, the elements. When I train it is work. It is Pain. And training does not allow me to acknowledge the beauty that encircles me. When I train it is powerful, it is pain and it is just making it to the end that counts. Finishing and accomplishing the goal is the bottom line! There is for me not much enjoyment in training unless you count the END. I triumph when it is all done.
This was my 7 mile run.

THE RUNDOWN:
Monday5.03 mi 00:44 08:50 pace
Running at the Cabin with Andy.
Thursday: 7.1 mi 00:59 08:19 pace
Ran from cabin towards holly. But forgot to start Garmin. AND Forgot my Ipod at home. But didnt realize I forgot the Ipod till I was at mile 3! I was listening to my breath and that was very disturbing!
Saturday: 6 mi 00:48 08:00 pace Rain showers so Andy and I hit the gym to give the DREADMILL some company.  Did 5 miles in 38.25..Going for a 7.30 pace. But did through another mile of repeats in there.
Sunday: 14.02 mi 01:59 08:27 pace
I left to go and the sky turned black. So I came back in taking all my gear off to wait out the storm. When the clouds cleared the heat replaced it! Tried a new loop. Only it TRIED me! This was not just a long run but a hot and hilly run as well.

 This book was finished  in a week. I have the second one and can not wait to start it.
http://www.thehungergames.co.uk/


    
Anita

    No comments:

    Post a Comment